A New Version of This Country of Ours - Volume 1
Announcements/RE: A New Version of This Country of Ours - Volume 1
(06-28-2022, 05:34 AM)JaniceD Wrote: I am brand new to AO and I have always been curious about TCOO.  The book that you have completed, will it cover year 5 or will that be in book 2?  Thank you for your diligence and your help.

Year 5 will be the material in volume 3, so that's not around the corner :-) I actually hope to complete volume 2 this summer, but I've learned not to promise. 

As has been said, Marshall's original book is still very, very good. My version (volume 1) covers chapters 1-28 of Marshall's book, which AO uses in year 2 (the first six chapters) and year 3. 

I hope that helps :-) Welcome to AO!
Honored to be an Advisory Member. Mom to 4 (all grown), Mom-Mom to 5 (2 that I homeschool). 
God is safe to trust!  http://www.safetotrust.blogspot.com
The following 2 users Like Donna-Jean's post:
  • Elissa37, Tammy Glaser
(06-28-2022, 06:33 AM)lklivingston Wrote: I have used the original TCOO with four of my children and started it with number 5.  Don't feel like you must wait for Donna-Jean's new volume!  It's fine to use the original book too.  Especially by Year 5, you've moved past most of the problematic content I think.

Thank you.  That is so helpful to hear.  Could you tell me which publisher you recommend.  I have one, but the font is so small that I plan to purchase another.  I am an older Mom...59...and those little letters just do not work for me...lol.
The following 1 user Likes JaniceD's post:
  • Lani
(06-28-2022, 12:14 PM)JaniceD Wrote: Thank you.  That is so helpful to hear.  Could you tell me which publisher you recommend.  I have one, but the font is so small that I plan to purchase another.  I am an older Mom...59...and those little letters just do not work for me...lol.

Which publisher is yours from?  Living Book Press typically has good copies, but I think they may use a smaller font for TCOO to keep the size down.  If you want recommendations for editions, post in Form I or Form II and ask people to tell you about their copies.  My copy has lovely print, but it's no longer in print so not really an option (and it was pretty expensive).
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Hmm, I've never had any problem with reading the original with my children. I must be missing something or way behind the times...?
"If you train your children to anything, train them, at least, to a habit of prayer." -J.C. Ryle

dd13(Y7), ds10(Y5), ds7(Y1)
The following 2 users Like hebrews12's post:
  • Heatherml, ozark mama
Our copy arrived today and it is beautiful. I really appreciate all the notes and pronunciations. THANK YOU so much!!
Announcements/A New Version of This Country of Ours - Volume 1
(06-28-2022, 11:25 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Which publisher is yours from?  Living Book Press typically has good copies, but I think they may use a smaller font for TCOO to keep the size down.  If you want recommendations for editions, post in Form I or Form II and ask people to tell you about their copies.  My copy has lovely print, but it's no longer in print so not really an option (and it was pretty expensive).

The print in the Yesterday’s Classics version is larger than that of LBP, if that’s too small for you. They are both of good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Emily
Dd15(Y10), ds13(Y8), and dd10(Y4)
Hi! Is there a vendor for this book other than Amazon or is Amazon the only place where I can buy it?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
The following 1 user Likes Heather.be83's post:
  • Sammie2
Thank you for your hard work! I will be getting these!

So exciting! We love this book so can't wait for all you've done to make it even better.
The following 1 user Likes alyjack6's post:
  • RosemaryIN
(07-05-2022, 01:36 AM)Heather.be83 Wrote: Hi! Is there a vendor for this book other than Amazon or is Amazon the only place where I can buy it?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Amazon is the only place. Thanks for asking!

Honored to be an Advisory Member. Mom to 4 (all grown), Mom-Mom to 5 (2 that I homeschool). 
God is safe to trust!  http://www.safetotrust.blogspot.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” Donna-Jean 21 24,645 09-12-2023, 07:56 AM
Last Post: marianelson
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,437 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite