Copying Plutarch lessons
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Copying Plutarch lessons
In the past I have been cutting and pasting Plutarch lessons into an Open Office document to print out for our studies. Today, when I tried to cut & paste the next two lessons, I couldn't get them to paste. I am wondering if something was changed on the website to prevent it, or if the problem is on my end. I was able to copy them directly from the website, which I didn't realize before that I could do, but I can't reformat that way. Thanks.
Linda in NC
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Copying Plutarch lessons
I just tried copy/pasting a few of the Plutarchs to a text file and they all worked. Nothing has been changed on our end, although our webhost migrated to a new server a few weeks ago.

Are you able to copy/paste some studies but not others? Or are they all suddenly not working, including ones that worked before?

And when you say "copy them directly from the website," how are you doing that? I only know how to copy the text and paste it to a document.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
(10-28-2022, 03:16 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: And when you say "copy them directly from the website," how are you doing that? I only know how to copy the text and paste it to a document.

I highlighted the text that I wanted to copy and right clicked the same as I would to copy; one of the choices is "print selected".
Linda in NC
(10-28-2022, 03:16 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: I just tried copy/pasting a few of the Plutarchs to a text file and they all worked. Nothing has been changed on our end, although our webhost migrated to a new server a few weeks ago.

Are you able to copy/paste some studies but not others? Or are they all suddenly not working, including ones that worked before?

I just tried again & had no problem! Earlier it gave me some boxes, but no text... very strange. I tried various things with the same results. I was needing Lessons 6 & 7 of Demosthenes. When I tried Lesson 5, which I had just copied last week, I had the same result. I have to assume it was a glitch on my end, but I have no idea what I did.
Linda in NC
The following 2 users Like busyncmama's post:
  • GoodQueenBess, LeslieNoelani

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plutarch - Demosthenes - Typo JoLloyd 1 2,495 11-09-2019, 06:23 AM
Last Post: AnneWhite