HOW TO: Join a Private group
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/HOW TO: Join a Private group
Oh yes, we changed the label to Control Panel to make it clearer. Sorry! I will see if I can mention that in the post.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: HOW TO: Join a Private group
(07-17-2012, 03:56 AM)Phyllis Wrote: If you go to your Control Panel (that's circled in red below but called UserCP in the screenshot), and then click down on Group Memberships (green circle), you'll see the groups that are available to join. Give a short explanation of why you want to join, and then wait to be approved. It's that simple!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11]
I don't see the "User CP" on my screen so I am stymied on step one. I would like to join the children with special needs private group. Could you help?
[Image: aologolarge.gif]Welcome backJewelStephens. You last visited: 09-02-2020, 01:39 AM Log Out

(09-05-2020, 08:40 AM)JewelStephens Wrote: I don't see the "User CP" on my screen so I am stymied on step one. I would like to join the children with special needs private group. Could you help?
[Image: aologolarge.gif]Welcome backJewelStephens. You last visited: 09-02-2020, 01:39 AM Log Out

It will say "Control Panel (CP)". It's under that row you quoted, above "Thread subscriptions - Forum subscriptions"
Claire - Tasmanian mum sharing one of God's garden beds with four other 'Son-flowers' - DH (husband of 21 years), Little Bear  (DS 16yo, AO Year 10 - not so little any more [:P cheesy, cheesy!] ), Miss Muffet (DD 15 yo, AO Year 10) and Mouse (DS 12yo, AO Year 6).
"A child of any age should be a well-read person for his age." - Charlotte Mason
The following 1 user Likes Subversive Gardener's post:
  • lklivingston
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/HOW TO: Join a Private group
We renamed it to "Control Panel" instead of UserCP.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
We have quite a few private groups that you cannot see without being granted access:

AO Students (for AO teens ages 13-19)
AO Parent of Participating AO Teen (every parent who has a teen in the AO students area is automatically added to this group which has limited access to that area)
Foster/Adoptive Parents
LD/Special Needs
Gifted
Parents with Health Challenges
42 Moms (for parents who are at least 40 years old)
Parents of Teens (parents of any teens are welcome here; this is a parents-only discussion area)
Kathy 
(09-05-2020, 09:47 AM)lklivingston Wrote: We renamed it to "Control Panel" instead of UserCP.

It seems to be back to UserCP
England.  DD13 DS11
(07-24-2021, 03:54 PM)LucyBeeH Wrote: It seems to be back to UserCP

Yep!  It reverted when we did the update last year, and I decided to leave it for now.
Kathy 
We have added a new group that you can join if you qualify: Dads, Lads, and Manly Grads. As you might guess, this group is limited to male members only, and at this time you must be 18 to join. So when you request to join, please give us the information we need to know that you qualify to be a member of this private forum area. (AO Students must also be in the AO Alumni user group in order to qualify. If you haven't been promoted to AO Alumni but you are 18, contact the mods in the AO Student area.)
Kathy 
I can see the group but there is no option to join it.
Good players win races.                   I need a heart that carries on through the pain when the walls start collapsing again, 
Great ones break records.                Give me a soul that never ceases to follow despite the infection within. Demon Hunter~Deteriorate  
Legends change the game. - Anonymous racer.     

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to join the FB group 11ll11 4 3,174 01-06-2024, 02:33 AM
Last Post: 11ll11
  Access to private forums Elijah and Dad 2 3,367 10-03-2023, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Private Message Disabled Celeste K Engell 2 4,363 08-24-2023, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Celeste K Engell
Smile Private Messages Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,293 04-16-2023, 11:19 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Private Messages CrazyMama 2 4,138 03-01-2023, 05:03 AM
Last Post: CrazyMama
  Private Message disabled Friederike 3 5,065 01-31-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  emcclellan please enable private messaging Jeff's Jessie 1 2,797 06-12-2019, 10:49 AM
Last Post: emcclellan
  Private Messages? thegirlwhopaintedtrees 1 2,818 06-29-2018, 07:27 AM
Last Post: HillaryJ
  yahoo group: AO-Member-Schedules MichelleDee 2 4,362 06-20-2018, 11:33 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  [split] Private messages for teens Bibba Book-Girl 2 3,971 03-29-2018, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Bibba Book-Girl