Typo? History of English Literature, Marshall
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Typo? History of English Literature, Marshall
I didn't really find a forum for asking this specific question since it covers a book scheduled from years 7-10. So if this question should be asked somewhere else please direct me.

I posted this on HEO recently but no one ever responded (not that this is an earth shattering question or anything) so I thought I'd try again here on the forums.

While planning the chapters from this book for Year 10 I noticed that a total of 6 chapters are totally skipped. There are 3 chapters left out between years 8 and 9 and another 3 chapters left out between years 9 and 10. The ones that are left out are chapters 60-62 covering Dryden and Defoe and chapters 74-76 covering Wordsworth, Coleridge, and Southey. Was this intentional or an oversight? And if these authors were intentionally left out, what was the reason? I'm pretty sure every other chapter in the book is scheduled over the course of years 7-10. It was funny to me because I didn't even notice skipped chapters when I was planning year 9 last year.

Thanks much,
Linda
Linda ~ Keep On Keeping On!
Mom to 7, 2 HEO graduates,  Grandma to 15 with 5 grandchildren being homeschooled with AO!
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: History of English Literature, Marshall
(08-04-2012, 05:36 AM)dahlhouse Wrote: While planning the chapters from this book for Year 10 I noticed that a total of 6 chapters are totally skipped. There are 3 chapters left out between years 8 and 9 and another 3 chapters left out between years 9 and 10. The ones that are left out are chapters 60-62 covering Dryden and Defoe and chapters 74-76 covering Wordsworth, Coleridge, and Southey. Was this intentional or an oversight? And if these authors were intentionally left out, what was the reason? I'm pretty sure every other chapter in the book is scheduled over the course of years 7-10.

I'd guess an oversight. I'm going to move this to the Typos area because I'll need to look at this when I'm not distracted by the newness of the forum.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plutarch - Demosthenes - Typo JoLloyd 1 2,652 11-09-2019, 06:23 AM
Last Post: AnneWhite