posting a message including a quote from someone in the thread
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/posting a message including a quote from someone in the thread
Hi Tech Support!

I am new and still trying to figure this out!

When I am posting a message in a thread, and I want to reference or include something of what someone has preciously posted which would include their name and the quote, how do I do that? I have seen it in other's messages, and have tried to figure it out, but can't. Thank you so much!
Wendy Gant in AR; AO YR 10, YR 7, YR 2
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith"
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: posting a message including a quote from someone in the thread
Instead of using the quick reply box - click on the little "reply" spot under that person's post.

If you want to quote several people, click on the little "+" spot under each persons' post.
AO - Canadian Style - Maplehill Academy
Delta 15-other; Echo 12-other; Foxtrot 10-yr4; Golf 8-yr1
"My Dear, much of the work in this world is done by people who don't feel so very well." - Karen Andreola
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: posting a message including a quote from someone in the thread
Thank you so much!
(08-28-2013, 06:44 AM)suzukimom Wrote: Instead of using the quick reply box - click on the little "reply" spot under that person's post.

If you want to quote several people, click on the little "+" spot under each persons' post.

Ok, thanks. I'll give it a try.
Well, it seems to be work perfectly when I tap the reply box here. However, when I tap the reply box on the other thread, then delete everything but what I want to quote, then add my comment, I hit "preview post" and all it shows is my signature. But, in the box I am writing my response in, there is all the info, their quote and what I have added.

What am I doing wrong?
And, when I tap the edit button, to edit my reply, I see the message. But it is not showing up on the thread. ? Also, I don't see the delete button, so I am unable to delete my empty reply. Have I messed something up??

Thank you so much for your help!
(08-31-2013, 12:31 AM)gardenmama Wrote: And, when I tap the edit button, to edit my reply, I see the message. But it is not showing up on the thread. ? Also, I don't see the delete button, so I am unable to delete my empty reply. Have I messed something up??

Thank you so much for your help!

When that happens, that typically means some part of the formatting isn't done (ie missing the "end quote" code). If you post it and give me the link here, I will have a look at it.
(08-31-2013, 03:40 PM)MelisaH Wrote: When that happens, that typically means some part of the formatting isn't done (ie missing the "end quote" code). If you post it and give me the link here, I will have a look at it.

So, if I understand, the quotes I attempted to post are all messed up because I failed to leave the "[/quote]"at the end, which is the formatting code?
(08-31-2013, 10:04 PM)gardenmama Wrote: So, if I understand, the quotes I attempted to post are all messed up because I failed to leave the
at the end, which is the formatting code?
[/quote]

You have quoted Melisa in this post, Wendy, if that helps...

And yes, you need to leave the [/quote] at the end.
Jeanne in Australia
A Peaceful Day
gardenmama Wrote:So, if I understand, the quotes I attempted to post are all messed up because I failed to leave the "
"at the end, which is the formatting code?[/QUOTE]

Yes, probably so.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Private Message Disabled Celeste K Engell 2 4,551 08-24-2023, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Celeste K Engell
  How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? laurens 10 13,700 08-12-2022, 10:41 PM
Last Post: audreygreer
  Can't edit a for-sale posting HillaryJ 2 4,078 06-30-2022, 06:37 AM
Last Post: HillaryJ
  Private Message disabled Friederike 3 5,245 01-31-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  missing Like button on hot topics thread JoyH 9 11,732 12-01-2021, 05:09 PM
Last Post: JoyH
  Quote Appearing in New Posts Sandy O 8 10,475 10-06-2021, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Sandy O
  Dumb question, but........ (how to view Last Post read in a thread) Kelly1730 23 28,374 07-21-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Can't access a thread Mamatango6 18 21,370 04-15-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: WendiC
  Change name of thread? amy.fischer 2 4,070 09-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: amy.fischer
  Deleting a Discussion Thread Faithmorrison_14 4 5,611 03-01-2020, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Faithmorrison_14