Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. Tell about Deborah, Gideon, or Samson.
2. "As long as he liveth he shall be lent to the Lord." Describe the occasion when these words were used, and quote from Hannah's thanksgiving.
3. What did Jesus teach about "an eye for an eye"? or, "Take heed that ye do not your alms before men. . ." Why not?
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Write two verses about Una and the Red Cross Knight.
2. "All the world's a stage." Explain.
3. What was a poem you liked this term? What was it about?
1. What are the plural forms of these words? Knife, sheep, man, child.
2. Identify whether the italicized word is a direct object, or indirect object.
Now completely frustrated, Mallory tossed the lopsided cake into the trash.
Coach Taylor purchased the wrong jerseys for the team.
Brad finally gave Mom a call last Tuesday.
3. Choose "she" or "her." Ashlyn wrote more pages than __.
4. Identify parts of speech for the italicized words. For nouns, say also whether the noun is singular or plural. For verbs, say also whether the verb is in past, present, or future tense: When her mother informed Lucy that Renzo was well and in safety, she derived great relief from the intelligence, desiring but one thing more, which was, that he should forget, or rather, that he should endeavour to forget her.
1. Describe King Charles I's gradual decline from constitutional government. OR Describe the New Model Army and trace the growth of Cromwell's power.
2. "Traitor Scot sold his King for a groat." Tell the story.
3. Who was the Merry Monarch? Tell about him.
4. Tell about the great plague and the Great Fire of 1666.
5. What is the difference between Whig and a Tory?
1. Summarize a day at sea on the Kon Tiki.
2. Describe Easter Island.
3. Describe a Polynesian Island.
Natural History and General Science
1. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3. How do roots lift water in plants?
4. What do know of Galileo?
5. What do you know about ascorbic acid? Or, explain how a molecule is like "a large and well-packed suitcase."
1. Use the Year 7-10 Questions for this term's Plutarch from this page.
2. What is the difference between democracy and liberty?
3. Discuss three of Love's Lords In Waiting.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. If a cab ride costs $1.20 for the first one-tenth of a mile, and $0.90 for each additional one-tenth of a mile, how many miles is the cab ride that costs $12.00?
2. At a basketball tournament involving 5 teams, each played each other team once. How many games were played in all?
3. If one leg of a right triangle is 18 cm and its area is 108 square cm, what is its perimeter?
4. A tray can hold 234 eggs. If there are 18 rows in a tray, how many columns are there?
1. Imagine you're going on a trip. In your foreign language, write a list of instructions (in complete sentences) for the person who will be watching your house.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2013 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.