Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. Give three logical arguments to defend your faith.
2. Tell about Deborah, Gideon, or Samson.
3. "As long as he liveth he shall be lent to the Lord." Describe the occasion when these words were used, and quote from Hannah's thanksgiving.
4. What did Jesus teach about "an eye for an eye"? or, "Take heed that ye do not your alms before men. . ." Why not?
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. What were "Moralities"? Give an account of Everyman.
2. Describe a scene from Westward Ho!
3. Write two verses about Una and the Red Cross Knight.
1. Write a sentence using a preposition, and identify the prepositional phrase.
2. Choose "bad" or "badly." She felt bad/badly about missing the meeting.
3. Change the verb to past tense. After a harrowing tangle with a jellyfish, Camilla swims safely to the shore.
4. 4. Identify parts of speech for the italicized words. For nouns, say also whether the noun is singular or plural. For verbs, say also whether the verb is in past, present, or future tense. Amyas, as I suppose, was right. Gilbert was a man who could be angry enough at baseness or neglect, but who was too kindly to punish it; he was one who could form the wisest and best-digested plans, but who could not stoop to that hail-fellow-well-met drudgery among his subordinates which has been the talisman of great captains.
1. Give a sketch of Luther's career and of the Diet at Worms.
2. Explain the disagreement between King Henry VIII and Sir Thomas More, and tell how it ended.
3. Give an account of Cardinal Wolsey.
4. Describe the reign of Queen Mary.
5. What do you know about the Spanish Armada?
6. Name seven famous men of the days of "Great Elizabeth." Say something about two of them.
1. On a map, identify the Holy Roman Empire of King Henry VIII's day.
2. Write everything you know about a) navigation by sea, b) mapmaking, in the time of Columbus, or, sketch a map of Great Britain, putting in boundaries, towns and chief physical features, and describe two places you would like to visit.
3. List by name at least 2 or 3 islands discovered by Columbus. Describe one of them in detail. Or, describe three changes that resulted from Columbus's discovery of the new continent.
Natural History and General Science
1. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3. How do roots lift water in plants?
4. What do know of Galileo?
5. What do you know about ascorbic acid? Or, explain how a molecule is like "a large and well-packed suitcase."
1. Use the Year 7-10 Questions for this term's Plutarch from this page.
2. Name two Desires and explain how each can both help or hinder us.
3. Give some differences between false love and real love.
Father to choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. Jared and Cole ordered a large pizza. Jared ate 40 percent of the pizza and Cole ate 2/5 of the pizza. What percentage of the pizza did they eat in all?
2. 60 million plastic bottles are disposed of in the US every day. How many is that per hour?
3. A car traveled 281 miles in 4 hours 41 minutes. What was the average speed of the car in miles per hour?
4. Find the value of two numbers if their sum is 12 and their difference is 4.
1. In your foreign language, write a letter making a request.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2017 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.