Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. Tell the story of Absalom's treason.
2. Tell the parable of the leaven, or the mustard seed.
3. Tell about Jesus and the rich young ruler.
Write 2-4 lines of a poem that you memorized this term.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Tell the story of Arion the musician, or Ibycus the pious poet.
2. Write about your favorite character from Oliver Twist.
1. Underline every adjective, circle the adverb in the following:
a. The combination of warm air and cold water spelled unending fog.
b. It is the trades that drive the equatorial currents around the globe.
c. Ruled by the capricious monsoons, its currents shift with the seasons.
d. The birds feed chiefly, almost exclusively, upon the anchobetas.
2. Identify the part of speech of each italicized words:
An angel, robed in spotless white,
Bent down and kissed the sleeping Night.
Night woke to blush; the sprite was gone.
Men saw the blush and called it Dawn.
3. Write a sentence that includes two adjectives and two adverbs.
1. Tell about the World's Fair in Chicago, or the Panama Canal.
2. Tell all you know about the "Great War."
3. Write in some detail about two things George Washington Carver accomplished in the realm of science.
1. Tell all you know about the Suez Canal, the Boer War, or the Boxer Rebellion.
2. Did the bullet that killed Archduke Ferdinand start World War I? Explain.
3. What do you know about the Easter Uprising?
1. Talk about some of the dangers Livingstone encountered in Africa.
2. Decribe Livingstone's walk across the Kalahari Desert. Or, Describe in detail one natural feature or one people group encountered by Livingstone in Africa.
3. Explain what plants need to grow.
Natural History and General Science
1. List six animals you can find in the sea. Tell something about two of them.
2. Tell about an inventor you read about this term and his invention.
3. Choose one question matched to your term's Nature Study theme from here.
Question will be taken from this term's Plutarch. *
Choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. If x - 43,518 = 138,602, what is the value of x?
2. If N divided by 14 = 236, what is the value of N?
3. Kent and Grace are going to share the cost of a DVD that costs $29.90 so that Kent pays 3/5 of it and Grace pays 2/5 of it. How much will each person pay?
1. Tell about something you gave to someone recently.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Optional; question will be taken from this term's Composer Study. *
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2017 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.