Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. Use questions from your term's Bible reading.
2. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
3. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
4. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Narrate a scene from Watership Down.
2. Tell an episode from Joan of Arc.
3. Summarize one of the stories from Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.
1. Write sentences that give examples of three kinds of (a), pronouns, and, (b), adjectives.
2. Write two sentences using prepositional phrases.
3. Choose "is" or "are." Making responsible life decisions __ important to success.
4. Parse the italicized words (or identify which part of speech?): "All was confusion, ignorance, clambering and exhaustion. Throughout the bad dream of the night's journey, Pipkin seemed to be always close beside him."
1. What do you know about the Battle of Crecy?
2. Discuss the Black Death in medieval England/Europe.
3. What do you know of Richard II or Henry Bolingbroke?
4. Write a short account of Joan of Arc.
5. What do you know about Wycliffe?
1. Give an account of Columbus's voyage across the ocean.
2. Describe Columbus's landing on Cuba, or Hispaniola.
Natural History and General Science
1. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3. Tell the different parts of plant roots, and what the root does.
4. "The alchemists had the wrong idea, but went about it in the right way." Explain..
5. Tell something of the field cricket, or Tycho Brahe.
1. Choose a Year 7-10 Question from this term's Plutarch from this page
2. Name two Desires and explain how each can both help or hinder us.
3. Give some differences between false love and real love.
Choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. -6 - 4 = __
2. Samuel reads two old books for every modern book. If he has read 15 books so far this month, how many old books did he read?
3. Jordan put red candy hearts on six of cookies on each cookie sheet. Each cookie sheet has a dozen cookies. What percentage of cookies has red candy hearts?
4. The difference of two numbers is 1. Their sum is 17. What are the numbers?
1. In your foreign language, write three sentences about yourself.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2017 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.