AmblesideOnline Forums
Can I change my user name without starting a new account? - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Can I change my user name without starting a new account? (/showthread.php?tid=14726)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: RE: Can I change my user name without starting a new account? - Subversive Gardener - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 08:36 AM)Hallelujah Wrote: Misty, do you think it could help, if I change my name, to put a big notice in my sig line: ***Formerly UserName "Hallelujah"*** ??

This is what I've seen dune on other forums. Although sigs don't show up for those of us using tapatalk -.but well get used to it and figure it out eventually. You could start a thread in chitchat, too.

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

RE: Can I change my user name without starting a new account? - Jessie - 10-10-2014

I was thinking about that, too. I just used an old name when I signed up, b/c I intended only to lurk and get help with school, not actually post! Now people probably think I'm giddy & goofy or something.

RE: Can I change my user name without starting a new account? - Lizzie Smith - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 12:46 PM)giddiegoof Wrote: I was thinking about that, too. I just used an old name when I signed up, b/c I intended only to lurk and get help with school, not actually post! Now people probably think I'm giddy & goofy or something.

I would be deeply disappointed to discover you're not..... [Cool, man. Grooovay. Like, peace out and all that jazz...]

RE: Can I change my user name without starting a new account? - Jeanne Webb - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 12:46 PM)giddiegoof Wrote: I was thinking about that, too. I just used an old name when I signed up, b/c I intended only to lurk and get help with school, not actually post! Now people probably think I'm giddy & goofy or something.

Don't tell me you're not! [Oh, my!]

RE: Can I change my user name without starting a new account? - MaryFrances - 10-10-2014

Haha! We sucked you in!

Can I change my user name without starting a new account? - MamaShepperd - 10-10-2014

It's changed! Yay [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES] Thank you, Phyllis!

With Blessings, Sarah

RE: Can I change my user name without starting a new account? - Jessie - 10-11-2014

(10-10-2014, 01:15 PM)Jeanne Webb Wrote: Don't tell me you're not! [Oh, my!]

You would never guess if you met me during the day. But, if you hung around until late at night and I got tired (heaven forbid) and I was 12 years younger, than yes. Giddy & goofy. However, maybe it's appropriate because I am praying and asking God to help me be more joyful and "fun" and enthusiastic than I typically come across now - as long as it is genuine and not false enthusiasm. Also, joy is different from happiness, I know and I am trying to explore that more. What does God's word really show joy looking like? I guess that's a new thread, though. And I think praying for joy is sort of like how people joke about not praying for patience, because you'll encounter uncomfortable circumstances that will grow patience. I'm guessing that perhaps, praying for joy will possibly bring some challenging circumstances to practice joy in.

RE: Can I change my user name without starting a new account? - Peacefully Buzzing - 10-11-2014

Sarah, no worries. We'll get used to the new you. [cheesy grin]

RE: Can I change my user name without starting a new account? - Dawn Rhymer - 10-23-2014

I recently changed my user name, or rather had it changed (thank you Phyllis).

My Y6 just walked in and saw a thread I was reading. He caught site of my picture and then my new user name.

"Seriously, Dawn Girl?" he asked.

"What would you have called me?" I responded.

There was a pause as he thought.

"Mom," he replied and walked out of the room.

Can I change my user name without starting a new account? - MamaShepperd - 10-23-2014

Lol!!

With Blessings, Sarah