AmblesideOnline Forums
Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” (/showthread.php?tid=52405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” - Donna-Jean - 06-24-2023

(Updated to add: Volume 2 is now available on Kindle.)

…(which covers chapters 29-63, and is used for AO’s Year 4) is now available at Amazon. It is in paperback and hardcover, with an inexpensive Kindle version to follow shortly.

Here is a description of this work: “Accurate tribal names, sources of quotes, and added information tether this story to the historical record while maintaining the literary excellence of the original.”
[Image: ef5bcdd8c40526e9f26ac51de67d28db.jpg]

Volume 2 continues the same chapter numbers, out of respect for H. E. Marshall’s work and to keep the continuity of the series.

Volume 1 covers chapters 1-28 and is used for the end of Year 2 and all of Year 3. Volume 3 should be available by the end of 2023 (chapters 64-99), and a brand new volume covering the century that follows is also being planned.

(An added note: H. E. Marshall’s original work is still used for AmblesideOnline and the free version is linked to our website.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” - teacherturnedmomma - 06-24-2023

Yay!! I was just thinking about this last night! Thank you for your hard work!

Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” - ladylaurel - 06-24-2023

Yay!!!

RE: Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” - Elissa - 06-24-2023

Hooray, congratulations, and thank you! We loved using the first volume last year!

Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” - BrittanyBell - 06-24-2023

Wonderful news! We very much enjoyed Vol 1. Thank you!

RE: Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” - Zoo Keeper - 06-24-2023

Thank you for your labor of love on this!

RE: Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” - CrazyMama - 06-25-2023

Wonderful!

RE: Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” - Sammie2 - 06-25-2023

I was just thinking yesterday about how I need to order this! Thank you for putting in all this work. I was a little hesitant to use TCOO for the reasons you updated it, but I hadn't found a suitable substitute. It was wonderful using Vol. 1 this year with tribal names already included and ask your lovely history and pronunciation notes. Thanks!

RE: Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” - annebaiel - 06-25-2023

Thank you so much for undertaking this project.

Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” - MonicaC - 06-25-2023

Thank you for all your work and dedication! Congratulations on another volume completed!