Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States”
Announcements/Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States”
(Updated to add: Volume 2 is now available on Kindle.)

…(which covers chapters 29-63, and is used for AO’s Year 4) is now available at Amazon. It is in paperback and hardcover, with an inexpensive Kindle version to follow shortly.

Here is a description of this work: “Accurate tribal names, sources of quotes, and added information tether this story to the historical record while maintaining the literary excellence of the original.”
[Image: ef5bcdd8c40526e9f26ac51de67d28db.jpg]

Volume 2 continues the same chapter numbers, out of respect for H. E. Marshall’s work and to keep the continuity of the series.

Volume 1 covers chapters 1-28 and is used for the end of Year 2 and all of Year 3. Volume 3 should be available by the end of 2023 (chapters 64-99), and a brand new volume covering the century that follows is also being planned.

(An added note: H. E. Marshall’s original work is still used for AmblesideOnline and the free version is linked to our website.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honored to be an Advisory Member. Mom to 4 (all grown), Mom-Mom to 5 (2 that I homeschool). 
God is safe to trust!  http://www.safetotrust.blogspot.com
Announcements/Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States”
Yay!! I was just thinking about this last night! Thank you for your hard work!

The following 1 user Likes teacherturnedmomma's post:
  • Sammie2
Yay!!!

-Rebekah-
Homeschool '05 - Hillsdale '09 - Now alternating between delight & meltdown as I manage the CM education of four lively gifts from God!
Announcements/RE: Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States”
Hooray, congratulations, and thank you! We loved using the first volume last year!
Elissa ~ Y6, Y3.5, Y1, and Y0 with my sweet boys
Wonderful news! We very much enjoyed Vol 1. Thank you!

Hi, I'm Brittany: Wife to my love and Mom to a daughter and two sons.  
Announcements/RE: Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States”
Thank you for your labor of love on this!
Zoo Keeper

Wonderful!
Wife to my highschool archenemy and mother of 4, AO Year 9, Year 7, Year 4, Year 0.  "Mothers work wonders once they are convinced that wonders are demanded of them." Charlotte Mason
I was just thinking yesterday about how I need to order this! Thank you for putting in all this work. I was a little hesitant to use TCOO for the reasons you updated it, but I hadn't found a suitable substitute. It was wonderful using Vol. 1 this year with tribal names already included and ask your lovely history and pronunciation notes. Thanks!
Second Generation Homeschooler w/ one daughter, Year 4
and two daughters, one son, and at least three more babies in heaven.
https://awdowner.com
Thank you so much for undertaking this project.
Anne of Indiana
Partner to Zachary, Mama to Hiero (Y2) and Emmaline (Y0.5)
Thank you for all your work and dedication! Congratulations on another volume completed!
Mama of 6 (YR 6, YR 4, YR 2, Preschooler, Toddler, and Baby) <3 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated Master Booklist lklivingston 144 1,381,703 09-21-2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: sarajmays
  Three updated Plutarch studies on the website AnneWhite 12 51,446 02-01-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Lesleydawn328
  A New Version of This Country of Ours - Volume 1 Donna-Jean 38 89,125 10-28-2022, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Heather
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,625 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  Year 10 Lite Updated LeslieNoelani 0 25,770 07-21-2017, 02:23 PM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  Forum was updated Sat. evening (April 25) MelisaH 1 38,962 04-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Last Post: laurke