how long will I be...?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: how long will I be...?
Maybe it's how often you post? I think I was aroundish 15-20 posts when it changed from "new member" to "regular member" for me...
~Kara~
Mama to Rachael (Y9), Edward (Y7), Justin (Y5), Abigail (Y4), and Hannah.
The earth is the LORD'S, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. Ps. 24:1
(08-08-2014, 11:55 AM)CULlamaGirl Wrote: I think that there is also a "Junior Member" and "42 Mom" designation. I am unsure of what the posting differential is between "New", "Junior", and "Regular". However, I am fairly sure that those who are a "42 Mom" are those who are members of the private sub-forum of the same name, but I could be mistaken.

42 Moms is a Private Group (you have to be 42+ years old to join, heehee!). It is not a normal designation.
And, clearly, I need to look into this. There's at least one person on this thread who should be a regular member and isn't. [Huh??]
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 2 users Like Phyllis's post:
  • Harmony Moore, laurke
(08-08-2014, 01:20 PM)MelisaH Wrote: 42 Moms is a Private Group (you have to be 42+ years old to join, heehee!). It is not a normal designation.

Actually, it does show up as a description where "new member" or "regular member" would normally be. For instance, check out Jenn in CA's profile.
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
(08-10-2014, 01:01 AM)COMama Wrote: Actually, it does show up as a description where "new member" or "regular member" would normally be. For instance, check out Jenn in CA's profile.

Wierd... I'm a 42 mom, but my posts say 'regular member'....
AO - Canadian Style - Maplehill Academy
Delta 15-other; Echo 12-other; Foxtrot 10-yr4; Golf 8-yr1
"My Dear, much of the work in this world is done by people who don't feel so very well." - Karen Andreola
(08-10-2014, 02:56 AM)suzukimom Wrote: Wierd... I'm a 42 mom, but my posts say 'regular member'....

Actually, I didn't mean for those extra groups (42 Moms, Parent of Teen, etc) to be useable as display groups. But since I had to set that when creating each one... sometimes I forgot. :)
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
(08-10-2014, 01:01 AM)COMama Wrote: Actually, it does show up as a description where "new member" or "regular member" would normally be. For instance, check out Jenn in CA's profile.

What I am saying is that it is not an official designation. The people who have that there put it there instead of the normal designation. It is not there just because they joined the group - does that make sense?
The following 2 users Like MelisaH's post:
  • COMama, Willow Skyrider
Because you joined Group A, you gained Group A's Title, but in order for that title to go into effect, you have to go into your User CP, then Group Membership, and at the bottom manually select it to be the title that shows up when you post, or as previously said, "Display Groups".
Warrior-Poet and HEO Moderator.
~ Atramentum Iota ~
The following 1 user Likes Willow Skyrider's post:
  • MelisaH
I've been thankful for the years that magically fell off me, leaving me feeling like I visited the Fountain of Youth. I suddenly changed from 42 Moms (yes, I should be proud of my war stripes, [What cheer, fair damsel?] but I don't necessarily want to wear my badges in public all the time; I don't like to show off [I'm just a little angel.]) to Junior Member. Now I've become a Regular Member again, I don't know why, but it's all just fine with me. [Thumbs up!]
The following 3 users Like SherryElmer's post:
  • COMama, MelisaH, redhed
(09-18-2014, 04:22 AM)SherryElmer Wrote: I've been thankful for the years that magically fell off me, leaving me feeling like I visited the Fountain of Youth. I suddenly changed from 42 Moms (yes, I should be proud of my war stripes, [What cheer, fair damsel?] but I don't necessarily want to wear my badges in public all the time; I don't like to show off [I'm just a little angel.]) to Junior Member. Now I've become a Regular Member again, I don't know why, but it's all just fine with me. [Thumbs up!]

I've got nothing, lol! We have been tweaking some settings here and there - perhaps something in there changed...