AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: how long will I be...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A "New Member"? What is the number of posts I need to reach before I make the next milestone?
This is a great question....I see that on mine, too and feel I'm not really "quite" the newbie anymore....
I think it's __. Unlike some boards, we don't have an elaborate hierarchy for posters. Just members and "new members" to give other members a hint that someone might need a little extra help navigating or figuring out the board. Moderators and the Advisory/Auxiliary are noted, but you only have to be here for a short time to graduate to full-fledged "member."

Welcome--feel free to explore and ask questions in any of the forums.
Clearly I'm wrong about __ posts...

I'm sure I should know, and I have no idea. Oh dear. [I want to hide my head under a bag!]
I've been wondering the same thing! I rarely post, but since I've been on AO lists for nearly a decade, and the forum since its inception, the "new member" status always makes me giggle. :) But, since I'm a paltry poster, I'm sure it's my own fault...
I have been a member since November of last year, but was a lurker. So now I have all of 9 posts....
It is based on number of posts - I'm not sure how many it is.... It only affects the 'Hot Topics' forum....
It also affects Buy/Sell. You can view there as a New Member but not post.
I've often wondered all of this myself. To be honest, I'm kind of glad that there's *some* sort of system. :) I wonder how many people are on the forum that have no interest in the curriculum? Maybe I'm just paranoid. It doesn't stop me from posting apparently! HA!
I think that there is also a "Junior Member" and "42 Mom" designation. I am unsure of what the posting differential is between "New", "Junior", and "Regular". However, I am fairly sure that those who are a "42 Mom" are those who are members of the private sub-forum of the same name, but I could be mistaken.
Pages: 1 2 3