Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
Announcements/RE: Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
I don't remember exactly, but I think there is either an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails or I sent them to spam...
"You have to have a strong will to give it up [to God]." ~ Mother Alexandra ~ former Princess Ileana of Romania
Katherine ~ Orthodox Christian ~ Happily Married
God Has Heard and Manifested Himself (5, Y0) , Gentleman (1, Y0), & Light-Giving Spirit (Due Summer '24)
The following 1 user Likes Purposeful Abnegation's post:
  • Dawn Rhymer
(02-08-2016, 06:14 AM)Dawn Girl Wrote: I have a Facebook question on notifications.

I like to get the little red dot on the globe in the Facebook header to know if there are responses in Facebook.  

I do not like to get e-mails.  However, I don't know how to stop the e-mails.  

After googling the problem, this is what I did:  I went to my AO Facebook page, and I turned off notifications thinking this would stop the e-mails.  But now I wonder if I have turned off the little-red-dot-on-the-globe feature as well.

Can a Facebook savvy person help me with this?
Yes, you can turn off the emails.  It is under your privacy settings, under notifications.  Email should be one of the options.  Then you can customize what email you receive.  (I receive as little as possible.)
Kimberly
Mom of DD - year 3, DS - age 4, and a baby boy
The following 4 users Like whiteiris's post:
  • Dawn Rhymer, Janice, lklivingston, MelisaH
I found it. Thank you everyone for help.
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
The following 1 user Likes Dawn Rhymer's post:
  • LeslieNoelani
Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get approved for the group? I believe I requested to join a few weeks ago and it is still pending.
Announcements/Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
Did you get a PM on FB with the AO guidelines? Check your Other folder or whatever that's called now and respond to that message and you should be in soon.
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
The following 1 user Likes laurke's post:
  • MelisaH
(02-08-2016, 01:19 PM)laurke Wrote: Did you get a PM on FB with the AO guidelines?  Check your Other folder or whatever that's called now and respond to that message and you should be in soon.

I did not.

I'll try to cancel it and request to join again.
PM me with your FB name and I'll check.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • MelisaH
I love the facebook for a large variety of quick answers and discussion and it seems like the forum is for that serious, nitty-gritty "here's your answer" and done type posts... but not in a bad way. I hope that made sense. I like them both! ETA* I'm replying to someone that was like on page 2... but oh well! ha!
believer. wife. mom. teacher. Seeking truth, goodness, and beauty.
Logan (Y3), Aaron & Jacob (Y1)
instagram : facebook : twitter
The following 2 users Like juliebug's post:
  • lklivingston, MaryFrances

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you liked our Facebook page? Brandy Vencel 13 237,903 12-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dawn Duran