Suggestion regarding Special Needs private group
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Suggestion regarding Special Needs private group
Hello! I have a sugestion regarding the wording in the description of the LD/Special Needs private group.

In the "Gifted" group, the description reads:

"A private group for parents dealing with the often misunderstood issues of raising and homeschooling gifted children; for the sake of member privacy, inclusion into this group requires that you introduce yourself to the group within a week of being approved."

However, in the "LD/Special Needs" group, the description simply reads:

"A private group for parents with children who have special needs from learning issues to physical challenges."

As a parent of a child with quadriplegia cerebral palsy (whch brings a host of phsyical and medical challenges), I humbly suggest that

"for the sake of member privacy, inclusion into this group requires that you introduce yourself to the group within a week of being approved." be added to the Special Needs group also.

I would feel a lot more comfortable sharing our experiences in this particular field of homeschooling (I have four non-disabled children also) knowing that people are expected to introduce themselves, and not just lurk.

Thank you for considering this request. :)
Emma
The following 1 user Likes Entropia's post:
  • Annie HL
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Suggestion regarding Special Needs private group
I think that's a good idea. We've been letting group Moderators set those kinds of guidelines for their own groups; the Moderator of the Gifted group thought of it first and the Special Needs group moderator probably hasn't yet. I'll talk to the Special Needs moderators about changing the wording, but inside the subforum, it will be up to the subforum moderators to work out the rest.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HOW TO: Join a Private group Phyllis 60 76,458 04-30-2024, 10:53 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How to join the FB group 11ll11 4 3,270 01-06-2024, 02:33 AM
Last Post: 11ll11
  Access to private forums Elijah and Dad 2 3,421 10-03-2023, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Private Message Disabled Celeste K Engell 2 4,438 08-24-2023, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Celeste K Engell
Smile Private Messages Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,351 04-16-2023, 11:19 PM
  Subjects List on Website Suggestion amanda47 2 4,272 04-15-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: KarenL
  Private Messages CrazyMama 2 4,191 03-01-2023, 05:03 AM
Last Post: CrazyMama
  Private Message disabled Friederike 3 5,157 01-31-2022, 11:38 AM
  emcclellan please enable private messaging Jeff's Jessie 1 2,871 06-12-2019, 10:49 AM
Last Post: emcclellan
  Private Messages? thegirlwhopaintedtrees 1 2,876 06-29-2018, 07:27 AM
Last Post: HillaryJ