Body of Post Hiding Post Options
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Body of Post Hiding Post Options
When I am typing a post, the body extends into the area for choosing post options. The only post option I can see is "Disable Smilies". Is there some way to fix this? I feel like I did fix it earlier, but I've forgotten how to do it.
CM, Children and Lots of Grace
Mom to three young women, ages 19, 16, 13; moderator in Exams and Volumes 3 & 6
The question is not,––how much does the youth know? when he has finished his education––but how much does he care?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Body of Post Hiding Post Options
(09-25-2012, 12:15 AM)Katie Barr Wrote: When I am typing a post, the body extends into the area for choosing post options. The only post option I can see is "Disable Smilies". Is there some way to fix this? I feel like I did fix it earlier, but I've forgotten how to do it.

I don't know, Katie. I'm responding in order to see what you see. I'm at my desktop computer using a Firefox browser, and mine appears fine. I can see "Signature" and "Disable Smilies." What are you using?
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Are you able to take a screen shot and attach it here?
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
(09-25-2012, 02:38 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: Are you able to take a screen shot and attach it here?

I have a screen shot, but I can't figure out how to upload it into the post. The picture icon is asking for a URL, but the screen shot is an image on my computer, not online. Help? [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]
The question is not,––how much does the youth know? when he has finished his education––but how much does he care?
(09-25-2012, 02:38 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: I don't know, Katie. I'm responding in order to see what you see. I'm at my desktop computer using a Firefox browser, and mine appears fine. I can see "Signature" and "Disable Smilies." What are you using?

I am in Google Chrome.
I affixed the screen shot as an attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have had that problem, too Katie. You can change the size of the box you are typing in by clicking and dragging the small shaded triangle in the lower right hand corner of the type box. You can make it so you can see Sig etc or big enough to make the typing easier - I actually like it bigger, since its easy to shrink back down as needed.
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
(09-25-2012, 03:54 AM)laurke Wrote: I have had that problem, too Katie. You can change the size of the box you are typing in by clicking and dragging the small shaded triangle in the lower right hand corner of the type box. You can make it so you can see Sig etc or big enough to make the typing easier - I actually like it bigger, since its easy to shrink back down as needed.

I see the little triangle, but I can't get it to shrink. My cursor won't turn into the little arrows that mean 'shrink or make bigger'. It stays the typing cursor or else the regular arrow. Clicking and dragging doesn't do anything.

So the other post option is Signature? Do I need that? I can just change my signature in my User Profile...
(09-25-2012, 05:49 AM)Katie Barr Wrote: I see the little triangle, but I can't get it to shrink. My cursor won't turn into the little arrows that mean 'shrink or make bigger'. It stays the typing cursor or else the regular arrow. Clicking and dragging doesn't do anything.

So the other post option is Signature? Do I need that? I can just change my signature in my User Profile...

I use Firefox and it started happening to me too either the week before we opened for business or the week after... I can't recall. Are you saying that your cursor doesn't change at all when you point it to the bottrom-right-hand corner? I can only move the reply box out of the way when I point my cursor in that particular corner. I see the triangle (3 dots, 2 dots, 1 dot) there and I just left-click and drag it out of the way. But yes... the Sig is the only thing that is covered on mine. There's the Sig and Disable Smilies boxes, but that's all.
Stephanie  [Heart <3] DS 18
Charlotte Mason Devotees, Since 2004

Yes, the option is to display your sig or not, not to change it or anything.
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to delete a post? Rondalyno 2 4,595 06-11-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  unable to edit post MichelleDee 2 4,834 05-01-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  How do I attach a file to a post? can80n 3 5,349 08-17-2022, 09:46 PM
  How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? laurens 10 14,783 08-12-2022, 10:41 PM
Last Post: audreygreer
  How to delete / edit post? charisully 3 5,325 09-30-2021, 05:10 AM
  Dumb question, but........ (how to view Last Post read in a thread) Kelly1730 23 30,742 07-21-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Trying to find out what happened to my time-sensitive post... sarahtorres 6 8,914 06-14-2021, 02:36 AM
Last Post: sarahtorres
  Deleting post busyncmama 4 6,136 05-09-2020, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Bombadillo
  How to post a picture? Jeff's Jessie 4 5,907 05-09-2020, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Bombadillo
  I can't edit my post Alana 3 5,520 08-14-2019, 12:37 PM