#AOCM2019 AmblesideOnline’s Camp Meeting 2019
Announcements/RE: #AOCM2019 AmblesideOnline’s Camp Meeting 2019
(10-19-2018, 02:42 PM)COMama Wrote: ((Hugs)) I cried my eyes out over missing both of the last two retreats, especially TX. It's hard when it's not your time to go, but another time it will be your turn, and then you'll be doing a happy dance. [Heart <3]

Me, too. I came down sick just before the Texas retreat and had to stay home. I couldn't even look at the forum for a couple weeks I was so disappointed. Praying for health for everyone this year, especially our advisory and auxiliary!
~Michelle
dd19 (AO grad), ds17 (Y11), ds15 (Y9), ds13 (Y7), dd10 (Y5), ds8 (Y3)
Amblesiding from the start
The following 4 users Like MichelleChoe's post:
  • AnneWhite, Dawn Duran, LynnBruce, MichelleDee
(10-19-2018, 04:45 AM)carpeaeternitatem Wrote: So, I mentioned this on the facebook page, but I am so, so, so disappointed!  I had convinced my DH to come with me, made arrangements for my Mom and Dad to take the kids for a few days, and was really excited about getting to go this year, since I missed the TX one.  But logistically, there is very slim chance I'll be able to go down by myself.  So, it has gone from, "this will be a great thing for us to do together and a chance for him to get a better understanding of our homeschool" to "I probably won't get to go at all."  :-(

This was exactly my plan. My hubby was on board for making it a couple’s getaway. I’m not willing to drive 10 hrs by myself, and flying is probably out of the equation. Any chance you’re from Oklahoma and want to travel with me? (I’m only half joking)
The following 1 user Likes Mknichols's post:
  • carpeaeternitatem
If I need to stay off-site and drive into the conference each morning, would I be better off waiting until the last minute to see if there is an option for commuter registration, or should I register for a bunkhouse to secure a spot even though I wouldn’t be staying there at night?
The following 1 user Likes Mknichols's post:
  • ozark mama
(10-20-2018, 01:37 AM)Mknichols Wrote: This was exactly my plan. My hubby was on board for making it a couple’s getaway. I’m not willing to drive 10 hrs by myself, and flying is probably out of the equation. Any chance you’re from Oklahoma and want to travel with me? (I’m only half joking)

Thanks for the offer, but I'm in Ohio.
- Mandie
Mom to Jack (16 - year 10), Sally (14 - year 9), Molly (10 - year 5), Gareth (8 - year 2), and Sunny (6- year 1)
Occasionally blogging at http://teachingdragonslayers.blogspot.com
Hey friends. 

I'm going to start a new thread in which people can discuss travel plans/match up with roommates, etc. so that we can limit this thread to asking questions that need further clarification from us, etc. We'd like it to be a place where forum users can pop on to get information without wading through other details. Thanks for your cooperation - and keep your eye out for the thread labeled #AOCM2019 Roommate Finder and Travel Plans.
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”~Erasmus
Moderating in History & Geography and Physical Education
The following 5 users Like Dawn Duran's post:
  • carpeaeternitatem, Donna-Jean, Jenna Dilts, LynnBruce, MichelleChoe
Thank you, Dawn!
The following 1 user Likes LynnBruce's post:
  • Dawn Duran
Ok, I really did read through the FAQ at least twice. I understand about not being able to arrive earlier at the campsite but will there be a possibility of staying an extra night? This might be helpful for those who are not flying out till Sunday and for those (like me) who may want to stay one more night and attend a local church on Sunday.
AO user since inception, mom to 4 grads. 
Unfortunately, while there will be people spending the night Saturday at Garner Creek this will be limited to AO Advisory and Auxiliary members who will be taking advantage of this rare opportunity to meet in person to work on Educational Foundation business. We are sorry to be unable to accommodate these requests, but I did locate hotels in the vicinity that people could investigate if they are interested in similar options. 

Thanks for your understanding!
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”~Erasmus
Moderating in History & Geography and Physical Education
The following 4 users Like Dawn Duran's post:
  • COMama, MichelleChoe, MichelleDee, Sarah
Will the talks be geared toward experienced AO moms? And would non-AO CM followers be able to benefit from this? I'm doing AO year 1 with my oldest and I also have some CM friends that use other curriculum, but might be interested.
(10-20-2018, 08:24 AM)Dawn Duran Wrote: I'm going to start a new thread in which people can discuss travel plans/match up with roommates, etc.

. . . 

and keep your eye out for the thread labeled #AOCM2019 Roommate Finder and Travel Plans.

Great idea! Any chance you can add links on the first post above for these kinds of other threads that come along? 

Just a thought! :-)
<><  Michelle the Nomad: currently in Virginia, Alaska, Kenya, SoCal, Denver, Wash DC, Richmond VA
Wife to my best friend and hero; Mama to Grace (AO Grad) and Joy (Yr8/9)
Dakota Academy International
The following 2 users Like MichelleDee's post:
  • Donna-Jean, mommabot

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AmblesideOnline YouTube Channel lklivingston 2 4,046 11-02-2023, 11:27 PM
Last Post: jadegreen
  The AmblesideOnline Advisory Resource Shelf Donna-Jean 10 13,472 05-26-2023, 07:29 AM
Last Post: dcil2479
  AmblesideOnline Poetry Anthologies! Donna-Jean 18 55,780 07-31-2022, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Momofwee3three
  AmblesideOnline and Your Privacy LeslieNoelani 3 12,902 02-07-2022, 11:56 PM
Last Post: zoopa
  Christmas Break 2019 lklivingston 6 35,204 01-08-2020, 11:53 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  [emoji106]#AOCM2019 Registration open again! Donna-Jean 5 39,769 11-03-2018, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Lani
  #AOCM2019 Registration to continue Donna-Jean 0 15,814 11-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Donna-Jean
  Registration to Re-Open for #AOCM2019 at 6 pm Central Time! Donna-Jean 16 93,964 11-02-2018, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Dawn Duran
  Important News Re: PayPal & #AOCM2019 Donna-Jean 19 118,229 11-02-2018, 03:31 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
Photo AO/ CM Meeting in NW Indiana (near IL and not far from Michigan) WendiC 21 263,047 03-31-2016, 01:14 AM
Last Post: sewwest