AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: "favorite" thread bookmarks??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, DH is getting irritated b/c I have so many tabs open right now;)
How do I make a favorites list or bookmark threads that I want to refer back to?
I saw the thread about clicking on the green arrow by the title of the thead to bring me to my last read post w/i the thread, but I'm not seeing a way to mark certain threads as my favorites so I can easily reference back.
THanks!
Jenny
I just subscribe to threads I want to keep track of. In your User Control Panel, there is a list of all the threads you are subscribed to.
Keep a running Notepad file of thread titles and URL's you want to be able to read again?
Subscribing to the threads you like will keep a list. And if one of those threads has new posts, it will show up in your list of subscriptions. (Don't remember what it's called--I use an app and it's different.)
What they said. And if it's not new posts you want but ones you've already read in a thread, you can use Evernote's browser extension to capture whatever you highlight and save it easily to your computer/device that way. Or copy and paste to a doc.
Ok, subscriptions. Got it. I had been using that as a way to get email notifications for a thread I had posted on, but now I see in the CP where I can keep a record of it. I was hoping not to have a separate document that will inevitably get lost after a period of not using.

Laura, it's been several years since I've used Evernote. When I get a chance, I'll have to check that out as an option. As I'm reading threads, I want to refer back to resources and tips that people mention, but haven't figured out the most efficient way to do that.

thanks for the help!
Jenny
Do you see up at the top of the screen, where the menu is under Ambleside Online, where it says "Thread Subscriptions"? That keeps a list of every thread you've ever subscribed to, with the ones with the most recent posts at the top.
(07-13-2014, 01:38 AM)lklivingston Wrote: [ -> ]Do you see up at the top of the screen, where the menu is under Ambleside Online, where it says "Thread Subscriptions"? That keeps a list of every thread you've ever subscribed to, with the ones with the most recent posts at the top.

I was looking in the CP, but this is even faster. Thx for the tip!