"favorite" thread bookmarks??
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/"favorite" thread bookmarks??
Ok, DH is getting irritated b/c I have so many tabs open right now;)
How do I make a favorites list or bookmark threads that I want to refer back to?
I saw the thread about clicking on the green arrow by the title of the thead to bring me to my last read post w/i the thread, but I'm not seeing a way to mark certain threads as my favorites so I can easily reference back.
THanks!
Jenny
Jenny
Y11, Y9, Y6, Y3, Y1
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: "favorite" thread bookmarks??
I just subscribe to threads I want to keep track of. In your User Control Panel, there is a list of all the threads you are subscribed to.
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
The following 2 users Like COMama's post:
  • lklivingston, MelisaH
Keep a running Notepad file of thread titles and URL's you want to be able to read again?
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Subscribing to the threads you like will keep a list. And if one of those threads has new posts, it will show up in your list of subscriptions. (Don't remember what it's called--I use an app and it's different.)
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • MelisaH
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/"favorite" thread bookmarks??
What they said. And if it's not new posts you want but ones you've already read in a thread, you can use Evernote's browser extension to capture whatever you highlight and save it easily to your computer/device that way. Or copy and paste to a doc.
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
The following 1 user Likes laurke's post:
  • MelisaH
Ok, subscriptions. Got it. I had been using that as a way to get email notifications for a thread I had posted on, but now I see in the CP where I can keep a record of it. I was hoping not to have a separate document that will inevitably get lost after a period of not using.

Laura, it's been several years since I've used Evernote. When I get a chance, I'll have to check that out as an option. As I'm reading threads, I want to refer back to resources and tips that people mention, but haven't figured out the most efficient way to do that.

thanks for the help!
Jenny
Jenny
Y11, Y9, Y6, Y3, Y1
The following 1 user Likes jbg1131's post:
  • laurke
Do you see up at the top of the screen, where the menu is under Ambleside Online, where it says "Thread Subscriptions"? That keeps a list of every thread you've ever subscribed to, with the ones with the most recent posts at the top.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
(07-13-2014, 01:38 AM)lklivingston Wrote: Do you see up at the top of the screen, where the menu is under Ambleside Online, where it says "Thread Subscriptions"? That keeps a list of every thread you've ever subscribed to, with the ones with the most recent posts at the top.

I was looking in the CP, but this is even faster. Thx for the tip!
Jenny
Y11, Y9, Y6, Y3, Y1

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? laurens 10 13,675 08-12-2022, 10:41 PM
Last Post: audreygreer
  missing Like button on hot topics thread JoyH 9 11,724 12-01-2021, 05:09 PM
Last Post: JoyH
  Dumb question, but........ (how to view Last Post read in a thread) Kelly1730 23 28,356 07-21-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Can't access a thread Mamatango6 18 21,354 04-15-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: WendiC
  Change name of thread? amy.fischer 2 4,065 09-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: amy.fischer
  Deleting a Discussion Thread Faithmorrison_14 4 5,607 03-01-2020, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Faithmorrison_14
  Move thread request Subversive Gardener 0 1,675 04-25-2018, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener
  Bookmarks or Saving Links? etihwnyrhtak 1 3,132 09-09-2016, 12:13 PM
Last Post: laurke
  not able to post in buy/sell thread redhed 2 3,524 01-28-2016, 12:45 AM