how long will I be...?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/how long will I be...?
A "New Member"? What is the number of posts I need to reach before I make the next milestone?
Kristina
[Leave me alone. I'm reading.]
DS12 DINO EXPERT * DD10 NANCY DREW OBSESSIVE * DS7 CAT LOVER
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: how long will I be...?
This is a great question....I see that on mine, too and feel I'm not really "quite" the newbie anymore....
I think it's __. Unlike some boards, we don't have an elaborate hierarchy for posters. Just members and "new members" to give other members a hint that someone might need a little extra help navigating or figuring out the board. Moderators and the Advisory/Auxiliary are noted, but you only have to be here for a short time to graduate to full-fledged "member."

Welcome--feel free to explore and ask questions in any of the forums.
 Karen Glass, mom of four with only one daughter left at home.
Author of Consider This and Mind to Mind , Know and Tell , and In Vital Harmony.
Clearly I'm wrong about __ posts...

I'm sure I should know, and I have no idea. Oh dear. [I want to hide my head under a bag!]
 Karen Glass, mom of four with only one daughter left at home.
Author of Consider This and Mind to Mind , Know and Tell , and In Vital Harmony.
I've been wondering the same thing! I rarely post, but since I've been on AO lists for nearly a decade, and the forum since its inception, the "new member" status always makes me giggle. :) But, since I'm a paltry poster, I'm sure it's my own fault...
Harmony Moore; sometimes writing at harmonymoore.com 
AO years 1, 4, 5, 6 and 8 in Oregon. 
I have been a member since November of last year, but was a lurker. So now I have all of 9 posts....
Kristina
[Leave me alone. I'm reading.]
DS12 DINO EXPERT * DD10 NANCY DREW OBSESSIVE * DS7 CAT LOVER
It is based on number of posts - I'm not sure how many it is.... It only affects the 'Hot Topics' forum....
AO - Canadian Style - Maplehill Academy
Delta 15-other; Echo 12-other; Foxtrot 10-yr4; Golf 8-yr1
"My Dear, much of the work in this world is done by people who don't feel so very well." - Karen Andreola
It also affects Buy/Sell. You can view there as a New Member but not post.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • MelisaH
I've often wondered all of this myself. To be honest, I'm kind of glad that there's *some* sort of system. :) I wonder how many people are on the forum that have no interest in the curriculum? Maybe I'm just paranoid. It doesn't stop me from posting apparently! HA!
Catie in WI, mom to 4, wife to 1. ;o)

If you can't laugh at yourself, call me--I'll laugh at you!

Instagram
The following 2 users Like redhed's post:
  • Farm Girl, MelisaH
I think that there is also a "Junior Member" and "42 Mom" designation. I am unsure of what the posting differential is between "New", "Junior", and "Regular". However, I am fairly sure that those who are a "42 Mom" are those who are members of the private sub-forum of the same name, but I could be mistaken.
"You have to have a strong will to give it up [to God]." ~ Mother Alexandra ~ former Princess Ileana of Romania
Katherine ~ Orthodox Christian ~ Happily Married
God Has Heard and Manifested Himself (5, Y0) , Gentleman (1, Y0), & Light-Giving Spirit (Due Summer '24)