AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Search trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am finding that using the keyword search function is not working at all for me. I return zero results on threads/words I know exist, such as Book of Centuries or BOC or L'Harmas. I eventually find them on my own, but it would be nice if the search worked. This seems to only be a recent development. I'm using Safari on a Mac using OS 10.9.4
(09-20-2014, 12:18 AM)Kathy W. Wrote: [ -> ]I am finding that using the keyword search function is not working at all for me. I return zero results on threads/words I know exist, such as Book of Centuries or BOC or L'Harmas. I eventually find them on my own, but it would be nice if the search worked. This seems to only be a recent development. I'm using Safari on a Mac using OS 10.9.4

I just did a search for book of centuries and got 7 pages of post results.
That's what I would have gotten two weeks ago. Do you have the same system as I?
(09-20-2014, 02:56 AM)Kathy W. Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I would have gotten two weeks ago. Do you have the same system as I?

Nope. Firefox/PC people here. I think Leslie is, though. Perhaps we will hear from her or someone else who has a similar system. I really, really need to have my hubby help me get the forum upgrade done this weekend. Perhaps that will make a difference. I was supposed to do it Labor Day weekend, but we ended up doing a bunch of stuff before he had to be off the mainland for 10 days. Now he is back and recovered from the jet lag....
Maybe I'll download Firefox and try with that. That didn't occur to me.
I am using Chrome at the moment and got 9 pages for "book of centuries." On laptop (microsoft).
That is it - appears to only happen with Safari. Chrome is fine on the Mac. I wonder what is up with it.
Very strange. I'm all Mac, but I don't like Safari at all. Will you be okay just using Chrome for now?
Works for me using Safari on an iPad...
I'm fine with using Chrome or Firefox - I just am used to Safari and Google in general makes me nervous. I haven't yet downloaded Firefox, which is what I use at work, so I'll see how that goes.