Search trouble
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Search trouble
I am finding that using the keyword search function is not working at all for me. I return zero results on threads/words I know exist, such as Book of Centuries or BOC or L'Harmas. I eventually find them on my own, but it would be nice if the search worked. This seems to only be a recent development. I'm using Safari on a Mac using OS 10.9.4
Kathy W.~Northwest by North
"The teacher who allows his scholars the freedom of the city of books is at liberty to be their guide, philosopher and friend; and is no long the mere instrument of forcible intellectual feeding."
Vol. 6
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Search trouble
(09-20-2014, 12:18 AM)Kathy W. Wrote: I am finding that using the keyword search function is not working at all for me. I return zero results on threads/words I know exist, such as Book of Centuries or BOC or L'Harmas. I eventually find them on my own, but it would be nice if the search worked. This seems to only be a recent development. I'm using Safari on a Mac using OS 10.9.4

I just did a search for book of centuries and got 7 pages of post results.
That's what I would have gotten two weeks ago. Do you have the same system as I?
"The teacher who allows his scholars the freedom of the city of books is at liberty to be their guide, philosopher and friend; and is no long the mere instrument of forcible intellectual feeding."
Vol. 6
(09-20-2014, 02:56 AM)Kathy W. Wrote: That's what I would have gotten two weeks ago. Do you have the same system as I?

Nope. Firefox/PC people here. I think Leslie is, though. Perhaps we will hear from her or someone else who has a similar system. I really, really need to have my hubby help me get the forum upgrade done this weekend. Perhaps that will make a difference. I was supposed to do it Labor Day weekend, but we ended up doing a bunch of stuff before he had to be off the mainland for 10 days. Now he is back and recovered from the jet lag....
Maybe I'll download Firefox and try with that. That didn't occur to me.
Vol. 6
I am using Chrome at the moment and got 9 pages for "book of centuries." On laptop (microsoft).
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
That is it - appears to only happen with Safari. Chrome is fine on the Mac. I wonder what is up with it.
Vol. 6
Very strange. I'm all Mac, but I don't like Safari at all. Will you be okay just using Chrome for now?
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Works for me using Safari on an iPad...
Jeanne in Australia
A Peaceful Day
I'm fine with using Chrome or Firefox - I just am used to Safari and Google in general makes me nervous. I haven't yet downloaded Firefox, which is what I use at work, so I'll see how that goes.
Vol. 6

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble downloading editable charts lklivingston 5 7,357 08-03-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  In Search of Posts Sammie2 5 7,800 06-22-2023, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Sammie2
  Trouble opening ODT schedule in something besides Microsoft Word CottageSchool 3 4,660 12-09-2021, 12:31 PM
Last Post: CottageSchool
  Trouble Downloading Schedules malonelca 6 7,437 07-13-2021, 09:59 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  Trouble Opening .doc and .odt lklivingston 12 14,824 04-14-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  trouble editing ODT schedule charts CottageSchool 2 3,962 07-14-2020, 04:01 AM
Last Post: CottageSchool
  Search Help RosesInJune 4 5,608 05-21-2020, 04:19 AM
Last Post: RosesInJune
  Search within a forum travelingmom 2 3,740 04-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Last Post: travelingmom
  Can't search private forums Amy Jo Hines 1 2,955 10-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Phyllis
  Search Minimums Dawn Rhymer 9 11,555 08-14-2017, 11:58 PM
Last Post: michelle dawn