AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to go to the first unread post on a thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When I come back to read new replies on a thread that I have previously read, is there any way to just go directly to the first unread post? I have been scrolling down to figure out which posts I've already read, but it would be so much more convenient to have a button at the top of the thread that says "view first unread" or something like that.
The little green arrow does that for you. Just click on it.
(08-29-2012, 02:05 AM)Phyllis Wrote: [ -> ]The little green arrow does that for you. Just click on it.

Thank you!

This only shows up next to the title of thread right? No wonder i couldnt find it. I had been looking for a button at the top of the thread after I opened it.
Just an FYI, I (and some others, too) have been having issues where the green arrow takes you to the most recent post in a thread instead of the first unread post. I keep having to scroll back to read all the posts I've missed. Is this a known issue, or is it just a glitch some of us are having?
I hadn't heard of that. Who else is having this problem? What browser?
Brandy Vencel mentioned in a recent thread that she missed my post (and a few others) because the green arrow took her to the end of the thread instead of to the first unread post. I don't know if anyone else is having issues, but I've noticed it happening to me enough recently that I now automatically scroll up just to make sure I haven't missed anything.

I'm using chrome. I can't remember seeing if the forums are supposed to work best on IE or Firefox or whatever, but I know that chrome is usually not as well supported as other browsers. If it's just a chrome issue, I can just live with it. :)
I've had it happen only occasionally on Firefox. 99% of the time, no problem for me though.
Green arrow! Brilliant...
(08-29-2012, 03:26 AM)harmonyml Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using chrome. I can't remember seeing if the forums are supposed to work best on IE or Firefox or whatever, but I know that chrome is usually not as well supported as other browsers. If it's just a chrome issue, I can just live with it. :)

I use Chrome, too. :) This week is really crazy for me, but I'll try to dig into this next week and see if I can figure out what is going on.
I'm using Firefox and the green button sends me to 'Post a New Reply,' with a 'Thread Review (Newest First)' underneath it.
Pages: 1 2 3