Is there a way to go to the first unread post on a thread?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Is there a way to go to the first unread post on a thread?
When I come back to read new replies on a thread that I have previously read, is there any way to just go directly to the first unread post? I have been scrolling down to figure out which posts I've already read, but it would be so much more convenient to have a button at the top of the thread that says "view first unread" or something like that.
Bonnie in FL
Mom to dd12, ds10, ds8, and dd4
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Is there a way to go to the first unread post on a thread?
The little green arrow does that for you. Just click on it.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Is there a way to go to the first unread post on a thread?
(08-29-2012, 02:05 AM)Phyllis Wrote: The little green arrow does that for you. Just click on it.

Thank you!

This only shows up next to the title of thread right? No wonder i couldnt find it. I had been looking for a button at the top of the thread after I opened it.
Bonnie in FL
Mom to dd12, ds10, ds8, and dd4
Just an FYI, I (and some others, too) have been having issues where the green arrow takes you to the most recent post in a thread instead of the first unread post. I keep having to scroll back to read all the posts I've missed. Is this a known issue, or is it just a glitch some of us are having?
Pearl (y2), Optimus (11/12), and Mochi (03/15) ~~~ Moderating Q&A, Math, and Health Challenges
“Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.” -Fred Rogers
I hadn't heard of that. Who else is having this problem? What browser?
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Brandy Vencel mentioned in a recent thread that she missed my post (and a few others) because the green arrow took her to the end of the thread instead of to the first unread post. I don't know if anyone else is having issues, but I've noticed it happening to me enough recently that I now automatically scroll up just to make sure I haven't missed anything.

I'm using chrome. I can't remember seeing if the forums are supposed to work best on IE or Firefox or whatever, but I know that chrome is usually not as well supported as other browsers. If it's just a chrome issue, I can just live with it. :)
Pearl (y2), Optimus (11/12), and Mochi (03/15) ~~~ Moderating Q&A, Math, and Health Challenges
“Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.” -Fred Rogers
I've had it happen only occasionally on Firefox. 99% of the time, no problem for me though.
Green arrow! Brilliant...
~Leah~ Loving life [cheesy grin] ! Thankful for my DH of 12 yrs and my three kids.
Mommy to JJ (DS7, YR2), MJ (DD3), CJ (DD1)...
The following 1 user Likes BabyBums's post:
  • Dawn Duran
(08-29-2012, 03:26 AM)harmonyml Wrote: I'm using chrome. I can't remember seeing if the forums are supposed to work best on IE or Firefox or whatever, but I know that chrome is usually not as well supported as other browsers. If it's just a chrome issue, I can just live with it. :)

I use Chrome, too. :) This week is really crazy for me, but I'll try to dig into this next week and see if I can figure out what is going on.
I'm using Firefox and the green button sends me to 'Post a New Reply,' with a 'Thread Review (Newest First)' underneath it.
Regards
Susan
:)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to delete a post? Rondalyno 2 4,380 06-11-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  unable to edit post MichelleDee 2 4,603 05-01-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  How do I attach a file to a post? can80n 3 5,100 08-17-2022, 09:46 PM
  How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? laurens 10 13,989 08-12-2022, 10:41 PM
Last Post: audreygreer
  missing Like button on hot topics thread JoyH 9 12,022 12-01-2021, 05:09 PM
Last Post: JoyH
  How to delete / edit post? charisully 3 5,074 09-30-2021, 05:10 AM
  Dumb question, but........ (how to view Last Post read in a thread) Kelly1730 23 29,055 07-21-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Tammy Glaser
  Trying to find out what happened to my time-sensitive post... sarahtorres 6 8,451 06-14-2021, 02:36 AM
Last Post: sarahtorres
  Can't access a thread Mamatango6 18 21,872 04-15-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: WendiC
  Change name of thread? amy.fischer 2 4,151 09-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Last Post: amy.fischer