AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: weird thing added to my posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since yesterday, when I post something, this strange thing (looks like a pintrest link) shows up.  So far, I just edited the post to delete that part, but how do I make it disappear altogether?
Well. I guess it fixed itself! So, please disregard my question. Thank you!
It's a weird thing that's been happening ever since we upgraded the forum software. And it's not just happening to our forum. It seems to happening to a lot of forums. I've heard that it's a Pinterest plugin reacting with some browsers, although I don't understand that since it affects people who don't have a Pinterest account (and our forum doesn't have a Pinterest plugin!)
I had not heard of it happening to people without the Pinterest Pin It button on their browser. That is a new one!
(03-18-2015, 04:00 AM)MelisaH Wrote: [ -> ]I had not heard of it happening to people without the Pinterest Pin It button on their browser. That is a new one!

I've been a recipient of it happening (I quoted a post and the weird link showed up in the quoted text). I don't even have a Pinterest account. But maybe the person I quoted had the button on their browser?
(03-18-2015, 06:52 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: [ -> ]I've been a recipient of it happening (I quoted a post and the weird link showed up in the quoted text). I don't even have a Pinterest account. But maybe the person I quoted had the button on their browser?

Interesting.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned by anyone else, but I noticed it happening only if I tried previewing my post (possibly more than once?) before posting.
How come I don't know your blog?

And that is also something that has not happened to me, but I am glad it is gone.
It happened to me recently.
I was getting that as well. When I removed the Pinterest Pin It button from my browser, the problem stopped.
Pages: 1 2 3