weird thing added to my posts
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/weird thing added to my posts
Since yesterday, when I post something, this strange thing (looks like a pintrest link) shows up.  So far, I just edited the post to delete that part, but how do I make it disappear altogether?
The following 1 user Likes SherryElmer's post:
  • phoebebopeep
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: weird thing added to my posts
Well. I guess it fixed itself! So, please disregard my question. Thank you!
It's a weird thing that's been happening ever since we upgraded the forum software. And it's not just happening to our forum. It seems to happening to a lot of forums. I've heard that it's a Pinterest plugin reacting with some browsers, although I don't understand that since it affects people who don't have a Pinterest account (and our forum doesn't have a Pinterest plugin!)
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 2 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Lani, MelisaH
I had not heard of it happening to people without the Pinterest Pin It button on their browser. That is a new one!
(03-18-2015, 04:00 AM)MelisaH Wrote: I had not heard of it happening to people without the Pinterest Pin It button on their browser. That is a new one!

I've been a recipient of it happening (I quoted a post and the weird link showed up in the quoted text). I don't even have a Pinterest account. But maybe the person I quoted had the button on their browser?
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • DaughterofEve
(03-18-2015, 06:52 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: I've been a recipient of it happening (I quoted a post and the weird link showed up in the quoted text). I don't even have a Pinterest account. But maybe the person I quoted had the button on their browser?

Interesting.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned by anyone else, but I noticed it happening only if I tried previewing my post (possibly more than once?) before posting.
married to "...Hey, Babe?" [Heart <3] using AO for Groups in New Jersey with:
my Giant ('08), my shining Storm ('10), my morning Tempest ('12), and my glittering Gale ('14)
The following 1 user Likes Katie Rose's post:
  • phoebebopeep
How come I don't know your blog?

And that is also something that has not happened to me, but I am glad it is gone.
Old School Blogger at Silvia Cachia
Mom to the girlies, Blue Heart, 2004, AOy5, and Little Bean, 2006, AOy3.

It happened to me recently.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
I was getting that as well. When I removed the Pinterest Pin It button from my browser, the problem stopped.
Mom to: DD1 (10), DS1 (8), DD2 (6), DD3 (4), DS2 (2)
plus one Tibetan spaniel
Instagram
The following 1 user Likes Joyfulmother's post:
  • MelisaH

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  too many auto-subscribe posts to follow, how to unsubscribe MichelleDee 2 3,978 08-14-2023, 05:44 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 14,918 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  In Search of Posts Sammie2 5 7,782 06-22-2023, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Sammie2
  Can no longer edit my old posts Rebecca G 20 24,235 06-18-2022, 09:28 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Quote Appearing in New Posts Sandy O 8 10,272 10-06-2021, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Sandy O
  I can't get used to the new "New Posts" icon Kelly Cumbee 15 20,090 09-11-2021, 04:54 AM
  Moderated Posts lesliegid 10 12,793 04-23-2021, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  I Can't See Average Number of Posts Per Day Maysaa 5 6,851 04-16-2021, 10:09 PM
  Reading posts in a given time frame HC... 2 3,931 11-09-2015, 04:16 AM
Last Post: HC...
  find moved posts Friederike 3 4,467 08-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Last Post: MelisaH