AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: instant email notification not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ladies-
I notice that when I reply to a thread and choose "Subscribe to Thread with instant email notification" it does not work. Sometimes I will get one email with the next person's reply, but after that it stops sending me emails. When I go to my profile and check Thread Subscriptions, I am still subscribed, with email notification ... am I missing something?
Thx-
i believe the system is set up not to send a new notification until you visit the forums again.
So you are thinking that every time someone replies, I have to click to visit the forum to keep me "linked in?" Oh bother. :)
Unfortunately, that's the way it works. It notifies by email you about the first reply, but there might be more after that, too.

I like to come into the forum on my subscriptions page. Actually, I have my forum subscriptions bookmarked, so that's what I see very first, but then I go to thread subscriptions from there.
I've been wondering about this--is there any way to get around this quirk? I would *love* to have all follow-up posts on a thread emailed to me so that I don't have to keep checking back/logging back in to see if there are new replies (which kind of defeats the purpose of subscribing via email! :) ). Is this a preference of this particular host, or this particular board...just wondering it it's an option in the future.

Thanks for all you do, by the way, Phyllis! :)
That's just the way MyBB works. Thanks for bringing it up again, though. I should put in a request to change it for their next version.
Thanks for getting back to me, Phyllis! That's what I figured. Thanks again for your help. :)