instant email notification not working
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/instant email notification not working
Hi ladies-
I notice that when I reply to a thread and choose "Subscribe to Thread with instant email notification" it does not work. Sometimes I will get one email with the next person's reply, but after that it stops sending me emails. When I go to my profile and check Thread Subscriptions, I am still subscribed, with email notification ... am I missing something?
Thx-
Robyn -- London, UK -- Blackstone River School
Navy wife, Mom to 4, AO since 2005
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: instant email notification not working
i believe the system is set up not to send a new notification until you visit the forums again.
Brandi
Married to my best friend Michael and homeschooling mom of four.
DS-17 UNT Sr '17, DD-16 HEO 11 Sr '14, DS-11 & DD-10 AO 4
Lone Star Latte-n-Libre
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: instant email notification not working
So you are thinking that every time someone replies, I have to click to visit the forum to keep me "linked in?" Oh bother. :)
Robyn -- London, UK -- Blackstone River School
Navy wife, Mom to 4, AO since 2005
Unfortunately, that's the way it works. It notifies by email you about the first reply, but there might be more after that, too.

I like to come into the forum on my subscriptions page. Actually, I have my forum subscriptions bookmarked, so that's what I see very first, but then I go to thread subscriptions from there.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
I've been wondering about this--is there any way to get around this quirk? I would *love* to have all follow-up posts on a thread emailed to me so that I don't have to keep checking back/logging back in to see if there are new replies (which kind of defeats the purpose of subscribing via email! :) ). Is this a preference of this particular host, or this particular board...just wondering it it's an option in the future.

Thanks for all you do, by the way, Phyllis! :)
Celeste :: Joyous Lessons, @celeste_cruz@charlottemasonirl
Mommy to five boys (13, 9, 5, 4, 2) and four girls (12, 10, 7, and 6)
That's just the way MyBB works. Thanks for bringing it up again, though. I should put in a request to change it for their next version.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Thanks for getting back to me, Phyllis! That's what I figured. Thanks again for your help. :)
Celeste :: Joyous Lessons, @celeste_cruz@charlottemasonirl
Mommy to five boys (13, 9, 5, 4, 2) and four girls (12, 10, 7, and 6)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Access to working and single parents Friederike 1 1,269 02-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: MaryEllen
  Notifications not working Sandy O 9 11,328 03-17-2022, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Primeperiwinkle
  Year 8 link to Study Guide not working - FYI tkbbmom24 5 7,518 02-16-2022, 12:48 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Link for CHOW timeline not working yoganurture@gmail.com 2 4,103 07-22-2021, 02:33 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  Update your Email lklivingston 0 1,789 06-04-2019, 12:42 AM
  Not receiving email notifications anymore Friederike 8 9,891 03-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Friederike
  Issues with "New Members Email" emails SimmerMom 9 12,396 04-14-2017, 12:26 PM
  Not being notified by email of responses swearingencj 42 50,592 02-22-2017, 04:10 PM
Last Post: dcil2479
  right click not working... MaggieAnnie 3 4,669 04-16-2015, 06:08 AM
Last Post: MaggieAnnie
  Disable email notification? EngliscMum 2 3,774 05-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Last Post: EngliscMum