AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
OK - after my initial panic when I saw the new year 4 book mentioned on FB, I'm feeling much better after reading this. The geography changes are especially good, since it seems several people were doing that anyway. :). And I'm glad to see the Odyssey added in.

Wasn't the Illiad scheduled as a retelling before? It's been a few years since I looked closely at year 6, but I seem to remember the Rosemary Sutcliffe novel being suggested.
Sutcliffe was an option, but the actual Iliad was scheduled.
I think she means Ocean of Truth. I think it would be fine to keep it in yr 5 and stick to the old schedule for the science biographies. If you don't mind going through the summer, start anytime and go for it I would stick to one or two chapters a week, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-22-2017, 02:15 PM)yzomme Wrote: [ -> ]We are on week 22 in AO4, what is the best way to pull this book into this year's readings. A summer read perhaps? or start as soon as possible with it and keep going into summer until finished?

If you are already that far in to Y4, I wouldn't change anything right now. We are just 5 weeks in to Y5 (and obviously did not include the Isaac Newton book in Y4 since that change was just made), so we are reading it now, but I had already slightly tweaked the reading load of Y5 so that we were only going to read 2 of the science bios this year anyway (moved the third to free reading) so the effect is pretty much the same in terms of reading load/page count.

Actually, most of the changes suggested here are ones that I had already made to keep the reading load reasonable for my dd for Y5, and changes that I was already contemplating for Y6 too. I'm happy to know my gut instincts on those adjustments were pretty much spot on. [cheesy grin]
(03-22-2017, 03:37 PM)lklivingston Wrote: [ -> ]Not usually very often, and you can always stick with the old schedule.

Are there any plans to add or change yr 3 by the fall?
(03-22-2017, 02:15 PM)yzomme Wrote: [ -> ]We are on week 22 in AO4, what is the best way to pull this book into this year's readings.  A summer read perhaps?  or start as soon as possible with it and keep going into summer until finished?

Just glancing at it, I think the main thing you would miss with the new schedule would be Ocean of Truth.  It's a wonderful read but not too hard, you could probably easily do it over the summer, or keep that part of the old Y5 schedule if you wanted (it was in the first term).
(03-22-2017, 11:05 PM)Benaiah Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any plans to add or change yr 3 by the fall?

No, we're not looking at making any other changes, especially not for Years 1-4. In fact, this isn't a major change, it's a sort of shifting of a couple of things and making adjustments that a lot of people were already making on their own.
(03-22-2017, 11:31 PM)giddiegoof Wrote: [ -> ]Just glancing at it, I think the main thing you would miss with the new schedule would be Ocean of Truth.

That's right -- the only change to Year 4 is that a book was added. It could easily be read over the summer.
(03-22-2017, 11:48 PM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: [ -> ]No, we're not looking at making any other changes, especially not for Years 1-4. In fact, this isn't a major change, it's a sort of shifting of a couple of things and making adjustments that a lot of people were already making on their own.

Ok,good as it takes a good bit to get my books here to Ukraine and I already have my yr 3 books coming and have finished buying my yr 4 books
Is Ocean of Truth highly preferred over Tiner's biography? If so, why?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8