AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: NEW! Friend finder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
On the Yahoo group there was a database where members could add their locations and look to see if there were other AO families near them. We've just added something similar here.

[Image: friendfinder.jpg]

How to add yourself to the database
1) Go to your UserCP (Control Panel).
2) Click "Edit Profile."
3) Choose your region from the list. Below this (not visible on the picture) you can type in more: your city, state, part of the state, county, etc. Whatever you're comfortable with. Don't put your specific address or phone number! When you're done, click "Update Profile" at the bottom of the page.

How to find people close to you
Click on the Member List at the 4 in the picture above. Scroll down to the bottom and find the "Advanced Search." Click through to that, select your region from the list and search. (I'm still wanting to get that search option out on to the member listing and maybe make the whole list searchable by region, but I haven't gotten there yet.)
Wow, I did this today and didn't even know it was new! Thanks Phyllis! I hope that others will do this, it will be nice to know of others in my area :)
fun! thanks, phyllis! i wonder if i'll be surprised by anyone doing AO in my area?! ;) heheh.
Neat Phyllis!
Thank you, Phyllis!!
Yay! [cheesy grin]
Is this still working? I'm unable to figure it out again for some reason~LOL!
You know what was next on my little to-do list? [cheesy grin]
LOL~*I LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU, PHYLLIS!*
when trying to find "friends" I do not see a list to select the region after I have selected the advanced search.
Pages: 1 2 3