NEW! Friend finder
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/NEW! Friend finder
On the Yahoo group there was a database where members could add their locations and look to see if there were other AO families near them. We've just added something similar here.

[Image: friendfinder.jpg]

How to add yourself to the database
1) Go to your UserCP (Control Panel).
2) Click "Edit Profile."
3) Choose your region from the list. Below this (not visible on the picture) you can type in more: your city, state, part of the state, county, etc. Whatever you're comfortable with. Don't put your specific address or phone number! When you're done, click "Update Profile" at the bottom of the page.

How to find people close to you
Click on the Member List at the 4 in the picture above. Scroll down to the bottom and find the "Advanced Search." Click through to that, select your region from the list and search. (I'm still wanting to get that search option out on to the member listing and maybe make the whole list searchable by region, but I haven't gotten there yet.)
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: NEW! Friend finder
Wow, I did this today and didn't even know it was new! Thanks Phyllis! I hope that others will do this, it will be nice to know of others in my area :)
Beth
2 AO Graduates ('22 & '23), 16ds, 14 dd, 9dd, 7dd, and 9 mo ds
The following 3 users Like dcil2479's post:
  • Bibba Book-Girl, Dawn Duran, phoebebopeep
fun! thanks, phyllis! i wonder if i'll be surprised by anyone doing AO in my area?! ;) heheh.
[Heart <3] amy in peru {fisher academy international} amiably ambling since 2004! :: 

2 AO grads (in college)!! + 2020/21 -> y11: boy & girl, y7: 1 girl, y1: 1 girl!
The following 7 users Like amy in peru's post:
  • Annie HL, Jane Fettig, Jeanne Webb, Kathy W., MelisaH, phoebebopeep, SowingLittleSeeds
Neat Phyllis!
Zami
with three boys (10, 7, 4) one girl (1.5), and one mystery due this fall.
Thank you, Phyllis!!
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Yay! [cheesy grin]
Warrior-Poet and HEO Moderator.
~ Atramentum Iota ~
Is this still working? I'm unable to figure it out again for some reason~LOL!
You know what was next on my little to-do list? [cheesy grin]
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 2 users Like Phyllis's post:
  • Brandy Vencel, MelisaH
LOL~*I LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU, PHYLLIS!*
when trying to find "friends" I do not see a list to select the region after I have selected the advanced search.
wife to John (8/21/2004), 6 1/2 yo DS Term 1 Y1, 5yr old DD, 3yo DD, 1yo twin DS's. My Goal is to Love God more, Love my Family more and Love me more!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friend Finder lklivingston 0 1,677 06-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Last Post: lklivingston