AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Moderated Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have a couple of questions please.

When a moderated post isn't approved, does the writer get private notification with explanation, or is the post edited then posted (with or without explanation)?

Once a moderated post is approved by one moderator, can it be removed by another?

Thank you!
We don't edit posts. Posts might be deleted, although that's rare, but not edited.
Thanks Kathy for helping me understand and for all the good you do here.
You're welcome!
I had a post deleted in Hot Topics, that I thought was by the moderators, but I figured out I accidentally did it. Often I post then see typos and edit them. Well on Hot Topics if you edit your post it has to be approved again and one time I tried to edit the post and my toddler swiped my touch screen and that left the page and so my post seemed to have been deleted. I went back to the page and tried get it fixed and it was not there. I had pressed save right before the toddler swipe so I thought it had worked and may be a moderator denied my post, but given the toddler swipe I am pretty sure it was my toddler.
Yes, I just realized that editing a previously approved post in a moderated forum sends it back to the moderators. This had been adding to my confusion. I'm starting to feel my way around a little; I appreciate your willingness to help!
Oh good! I'm glad you figured that out. It's actually a bit confusing!
If you post in Hot Topics, does your post appear immediately, or do you have to wait for a moderator to approve it? I thought it posted immediately, and only needs to be approved by a moderator if it's edited (one of my posts only vanishes for me if I edit it), but my mom didn't think so.
In the Student area, it posts immediately. In the main area, your post has to be approved by a moderator before it appears. So you're both right! We haven't needed to put moderation on all the Hot Topics posts in the Student area so far.
(04-22-2021, 11:27 PM)lklivingston Wrote: [ -> ]In the Student area, it posts immediately.  In the main area, your post has to be approved by a moderator before it appears.  So you're both right!  We haven't needed to put moderation on all the Hot Topics posts in the Student area so far.

I enjoy the delay in the non-student Hot Topics area a lot.  I think it is a great way to have people check themselves.  Thanks to whoever thought of that. I feel like it a natural way to implement the CM idea of the will gets tired and needs a break. Forming our passionate thoughts in a way that gives grace sure takes the will and that gets tired fast. With the forced breaks I think the quality of discussion is enhanced.
Pages: 1 2