Moderated Posts
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Moderated Posts
Hi,

I have a couple of questions please.

When a moderated post isn't approved, does the writer get private notification with explanation, or is the post edited then posted (with or without explanation)?

Once a moderated post is approved by one moderator, can it be removed by another?

Thank you!
Leslie + 4 in Chattanooga, Tennessee
began AO0 in 2006
We don't edit posts. Posts might be deleted, although that's rare, but not edited.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • lesliegid
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Moderated Posts
Thanks Kathy for helping me understand and for all the good you do here.
began AO0 in 2006
You're welcome!
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
I had a post deleted in Hot Topics, that I thought was by the moderators, but I figured out I accidentally did it. Often I post then see typos and edit them. Well on Hot Topics if you edit your post it has to be approved again and one time I tried to edit the post and my toddler swiped my touch screen and that left the page and so my post seemed to have been deleted. I went back to the page and tried get it fixed and it was not there. I had pressed save right before the toddler swipe so I thought it had worked and may be a moderator denied my post, but given the toddler swipe I am pretty sure it was my toddler.
Wife to my highschool archenemy and mother of 4, AO Year 9, Year 7, Year 4, Year 0.  "Mothers work wonders once they are convinced that wonders are demanded of them." Charlotte Mason
The following 2 users Like CrazyMama's post:
  • Primeperiwinkle, Purposeful Abnegation
Yes, I just realized that editing a previously approved post in a moderated forum sends it back to the moderators. This had been adding to my confusion. I'm starting to feel my way around a little; I appreciate your willingness to help!
began AO0 in 2006
The following 2 users Like lesliegid's post:
  • CrazyMama, lklivingston
Oh good! I'm glad you figured that out. It's actually a bit confusing!
Kathy 
If you post in Hot Topics, does your post appear immediately, or do you have to wait for a moderator to approve it? I thought it posted immediately, and only needs to be approved by a moderator if it's edited (one of my posts only vanishes for me if I edit it), but my mom didn't think so.
I've still got joy in chaos; I've got peace that makes no sense, so I won't be going under; I'm not held by my own strength. --Firm Foundation

In the Student area, it posts immediately. In the main area, your post has to be approved by a moderator before it appears. So you're both right! We haven't needed to put moderation on all the Hot Topics posts in the Student area so far.
Kathy 
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • Maysaa
(04-22-2021, 11:27 PM)lklivingston Wrote: In the Student area, it posts immediately.  In the main area, your post has to be approved by a moderator before it appears.  So you're both right!  We haven't needed to put moderation on all the Hot Topics posts in the Student area so far.

I enjoy the delay in the non-student Hot Topics area a lot.  I think it is a great way to have people check themselves.  Thanks to whoever thought of that. I feel like it a natural way to implement the CM idea of the will gets tired and needs a break. Forming our passionate thoughts in a way that gives grace sure takes the will and that gets tired fast. With the forced breaks I think the quality of discussion is enhanced.
Wife to my highschool archenemy and mother of 4, AO Year 9, Year 7, Year 4, Year 0.  "Mothers work wonders once they are convinced that wonders are demanded of them." Charlotte Mason
The following 3 users Like CrazyMama's post:
  • Maysaa, nimmyr, Subversive Gardener

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  too many auto-subscribe posts to follow, how to unsubscribe MichelleDee 2 3,921 08-14-2023, 05:44 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 14,733 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  In Search of Posts Sammie2 5 7,695 06-22-2023, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Sammie2
  Can no longer edit my old posts Rebecca G 20 23,894 06-18-2022, 09:28 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Quote Appearing in New Posts Sandy O 8 10,114 10-06-2021, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Sandy O
  I can't get used to the new "New Posts" icon Kelly Cumbee 15 19,751 09-11-2021, 04:54 AM
  I Can't See Average Number of Posts Per Day Maysaa 5 6,788 04-16-2021, 10:09 PM
  Reading posts in a given time frame HC... 2 3,871 11-09-2015, 04:16 AM
Last Post: HC...
  find moved posts Friederike 3 4,416 08-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Last Post: MelisaH
  weird thing added to my posts SherryElmer 20 24,376 06-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Last Post: MelisaH