AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: What You Can See
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been changing forum settings this morning so that people can see what areas exist in the forum even if they do not have access to reading the content in those areas.  This way, you'll know what you might want to request access to.  Also, people who visit the forum can see what types of content are there (by seeing the headings of the areas) before they decide whether or not they want to register.

It's entirely possible that some settings are not what they need to be, and some of you may see content for areas to which you haven't had access previously.  If that happens, please post here and give me some specifics about what you are seeing and how you are seeing it (is it in your View Today's Posts feed or can you go directly to the subforum and see it).  That will help me find the wrong settings.
How do we join the private groups? Does that need to be done on the website? I've been using tapatalk primarily...

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I can not access private forums I have joined, such as vintage mums.
Hi, several Guests are looking at the Non-RPG Character Threads in the Student Area!

Edit: Actually, pretty much everywhere in the Student area.
I can see the different forums in the student area but I can't actually see the posts. (And I'm not supposed to because I am not a student, so I think it's working right.)

I can see all the forums I'm a member of except working parent. I can't see any of the forums I'm not a member of (although, I'm not sure if I managed to check all of them. )
(05-28-2023, 08:21 AM)GoodQueenBess Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, several Guests are looking at the Non-RPG Character Threads in the Student Area!

They can see the area but not the posts.
I can see threads in a group I am not a member of (Only Children) but cannot see threads in 2 private groups that I am a member of (Large Families, Parents of Teens).
(05-28-2023, 07:25 AM)Newbie5 Wrote: [ -> ]How do we join the private groups? Does that need to be done on the website? I've been using tapatalk primarily...

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Yes, it needs to be done on the website.  Or you can contact one of the mods in the area you want to join.  Just PM them.
(05-28-2023, 08:21 AM)GoodQueenBess Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, several Guests are looking at the Non-RPG Character Threads in the Student Area!

I just checked again.  Guests cannot actually see the threads in the Student area.
(05-28-2023, 08:38 AM)Sammie2 Wrote: [ -> ]I can see the different forums in the student area but I can't actually see the posts. (And I'm not supposed to because I am not a student, so I think it's working right.)

I can see all the forums I'm a member of except working parent. I can't see any of the forums I'm not a member of (although, I'm not sure if I managed to check all of them. )

Working Parent should be fixed.
Pages: 1 2 3