AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States”
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(Updated to add: Volume 2 is now available on Kindle.)

…(which covers chapters 29-63, and is used for AO’s Year 4) is now available at Amazon. It is in paperback and hardcover, with an inexpensive Kindle version to follow shortly.

Here is a description of this work: “Accurate tribal names, sources of quotes, and added information tether this story to the historical record while maintaining the literary excellence of the original.”
[Image: ef5bcdd8c40526e9f26ac51de67d28db.jpg]

Volume 2 continues the same chapter numbers, out of respect for H. E. Marshall’s work and to keep the continuity of the series.

Volume 1 covers chapters 1-28 and is used for the end of Year 2 and all of Year 3. Volume 3 should be available by the end of 2023 (chapters 64-99), and a brand new volume covering the century that follows is also being planned.

(An added note: H. E. Marshall’s original work is still used for AmblesideOnline and the free version is linked to our website.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yay!! I was just thinking about this last night! Thank you for your hard work!

Yay!!!

Hooray, congratulations, and thank you! We loved using the first volume last year!
Wonderful news! We very much enjoyed Vol 1. Thank you!

Thank you for your labor of love on this!
Wonderful!
I was just thinking yesterday about how I need to order this! Thank you for putting in all this work. I was a little hesitant to use TCOO for the reasons you updated it, but I hadn't found a suitable substitute. It was wonderful using Vol. 1 this year with tribal names already included and ask your lovely history and pronunciation notes. Thanks!
Thank you so much for undertaking this project.
Thank you for all your work and dedication! Congratulations on another volume completed!
Pages: 1 2 3 4