AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Suggesting a new sub-forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Not sure how much interest there would be - but maybe there could be a sub-forum under Family Dynamics for "older parents"?
We older parents don't have as much energy as the younger ones do, but we do OK despite our aches and pains and hot flashes ;-) I'd join it!
I'd be there! Start a thread. See how it goes.

PS Hi Heather! Nice to see some friends here!
Hi Jeanne! I'm sure you have lots of friends here!
(08-02-2012, 08:23 AM)Jeanne Webb Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be there! Start a thread. See how it goes.

I can't see where to start a thread in the Family Dynamics area - it is all subforums.... and that would be the area to have it!
(08-02-2012, 08:42 AM)suzukimom Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jeanne! I'm sure you have lots of friends here!

Bloggy pals are different, though, somehow.:)
how old is "older"? Guess I'm not there yet if I don't want to join it, LOL
(08-02-2012, 11:47 AM)laurke Wrote: [ -> ]how old is "older"? Guess I'm not there yet if I don't want to join it, LOL

Well, I didn't have an exact age in mind... but say had a child/children after age 35? Or something like that?

I was 35 when I had my oldest... and was 41 (almost 42) when I had my (so far) youngest.... and I certainly have different things going on in our house/homeschool than a mom who was 20 when they had their oldest...
(08-02-2012, 12:52 PM)suzukimom Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I didn't have an exact age in mind... but say had a child/children after age 35? Or something like that?

So this wouldn't just be a place for moms to talk about menopause, but a place for moms to talk about fitting in with their friends' moms who are 15 years younger even though their kids are the same ages?

I was 43 when I had my youngest, and then dealing with menopause . . . I'm not sure that having a child later in life needs to be a prerequisite. I think anyone over a certain age would be able to join, maybe anyone over 40? Whether they have toddlers or teenagers.
Great. Now, in addition to all that "advanced maternal age" talk from the ob/gyn, I get to hang out in the "aged moms" subforum. :-P
Pages: 1 2 3