Suggesting a new sub-forum
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Suggesting a new sub-forum
Not sure how much interest there would be - but maybe there could be a sub-forum under Family Dynamics for "older parents"?
AO - Canadian Style - Maplehill Academy
Delta 15-other; Echo 12-other; Foxtrot 10-yr4; Golf 8-yr1
"My Dear, much of the work in this world is done by people who don't feel so very well." - Karen Andreola
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Suggesting a new sub-forum
We older parents don't have as much energy as the younger ones do, but we do OK despite our aches and pains and hot flashes ;-) I'd join it!
Gwen in SC
SAHM to Claire (17/Y11), Anna (14/Y6), Audrey (12/Y3), Drew (9/Y2) and Jonas (3/Y0)
The following 1 user Likes bggagne's post:
  • MelisaH
I'd be there! Start a thread. See how it goes.

PS Hi Heather! Nice to see some friends here!
Jeanne in Australia
A Peaceful Day
Hi Jeanne! I'm sure you have lots of friends here!
"My Dear, much of the work in this world is done by people who don't feel so very well." - Karen Andreola
(08-02-2012, 08:23 AM)Jeanne Webb Wrote: I'd be there! Start a thread. See how it goes.

I can't see where to start a thread in the Family Dynamics area - it is all subforums.... and that would be the area to have it!
(08-02-2012, 08:42 AM)suzukimom Wrote: Hi Jeanne! I'm sure you have lots of friends here!

Bloggy pals are different, though, somehow.:)
Jeanne in Australia
A Peaceful Day
how old is "older"? Guess I'm not there yet if I don't want to join it, LOL
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
(08-02-2012, 11:47 AM)laurke Wrote: how old is "older"? Guess I'm not there yet if I don't want to join it, LOL

Well, I didn't have an exact age in mind... but say had a child/children after age 35? Or something like that?

I was 35 when I had my oldest... and was 41 (almost 42) when I had my (so far) youngest.... and I certainly have different things going on in our house/homeschool than a mom who was 20 when they had their oldest...
(08-02-2012, 12:52 PM)suzukimom Wrote: Well, I didn't have an exact age in mind... but say had a child/children after age 35? Or something like that?

So this wouldn't just be a place for moms to talk about menopause, but a place for moms to talk about fitting in with their friends' moms who are 15 years younger even though their kids are the same ages?

I was 43 when I had my youngest, and then dealing with menopause . . . I'm not sure that having a child later in life needs to be a prerequisite. I think anyone over a certain age would be able to join, maybe anyone over 40? Whether they have toddlers or teenagers.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Great. Now, in addition to all that "advanced maternal age" talk from the ob/gyn, I get to hang out in the "aged moms" subforum. :-P
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • MelisaH, pilgrimpriest

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resources for Using the Forum lklivingston 0 3,071 08-01-2023, 03:23 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 14,931 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  emails for forum subscriptions val_aggie 9 11,307 04-20-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Lani
Lightbulb Joining the Teen Forum Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,388 04-16-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: AKindlyFlabbit
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 5,133 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,202 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  Looking for the learning disability/dyslexia forum! elizabeth.rs 3 4,967 11-20-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: elizabeth.rs
  Forum app (Tapatalk) charmond 5 7,249 10-08-2022, 09:44 AM
  My teen joined the teen forum... what's next? alec 4 6,200 01-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: alec
  Problems after forum update Sept 2020 Phyllis 41 49,450 08-31-2021, 01:16 PM