AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Viewing Yesterday's New Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, occasionally I don't get checked in daily like I plan to, or when looking at the new posts since my last visit to the forum I get interrupted, my computer shuts off and when I visit the forum again, it thinks I have already viewed all those posts that were indeed up on the computer but really I didn't. Did that make any sense? Also sometimes when doing something on the internet my computer will first link to the forum, so again thinks I have seen the posts, when I have not, and I cannot readily access them. So onto my question....is there a way to set the parameters to search for new posts within a certain period of time? Currently, I look at the forums I have subscribed to....but there seems like there should be a better way. [Huh??][Huh??]
This won't solve all of your problems, but if you click "View Today's Posts," it will at least list all the posts in the last 24 hours.
(10-04-2013, 06:05 AM)Amanda Hall Wrote: [ -> ]This won't solve all of your problems, but if you click "View Today's Posts," it will at least list all the posts in the last 24 hours.

Yes, thank you. I do use that too but does not take care of that 24hrs before I am occasionally wanting. :)
My ForumRunner app lets me specify the time interval for New Posts. Mine is set for 3 days.
I will check into that. That sounds like exactly what I need. If I know I am going to be gone I let people know and then also choose to let it go while I am gone and just look over my subscribed forums. The problem is when life throws me unexpected curve balls. :) Thanks for the suggestion.
Thanks for asking! I just learned something new. You can use
http://amblesideonline.org/forum/search....ily&days=2
and change the number at the end to whatever number of days past you want to see.
OH, thanks Phyllis. That is just what I needed. I can't do Forumrunner with my operating system. I looked into another app but it was not working for me. This will work great. Thanks so much.
(10-08-2013, 03:16 AM)Joy Wrote: [ -> ]OH, thanks Phyllis. That is just what I needed. I can't do Forumrunner with my operating system. I looked into another app but it was not working for me. This will work great. Thanks so much.

Joy, don't forget that the forum is set up for Tapatalk also (if you are using a device rather than a computer).
I tried tapatalk and at the time it was not working. I really am technically challenged. I need to try it again. However, I "can" use Phyllis's method. I don't need it often but when I do I would really like to be able to use it. Thanks so much.