Viewing Yesterday's New Posts
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Viewing Yesterday's New Posts
OK, occasionally I don't get checked in daily like I plan to, or when looking at the new posts since my last visit to the forum I get interrupted, my computer shuts off and when I visit the forum again, it thinks I have already viewed all those posts that were indeed up on the computer but really I didn't. Did that make any sense? Also sometimes when doing something on the internet my computer will first link to the forum, so again thinks I have seen the posts, when I have not, and I cannot readily access them. So onto my question....is there a way to set the parameters to search for new posts within a certain period of time? Currently, I look at the forums I have subscribed to....but there seems like there should be a better way. [Huh??][Huh??]
Moderator of Form IV, V & VI, CM Vol I, and History & Geography

Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Viewing Yesterday's New Posts
This won't solve all of your problems, but if you click "View Today's Posts," it will at least list all the posts in the last 24 hours.
Amanda :)
(10-04-2013, 06:05 AM)Amanda Hall Wrote: This won't solve all of your problems, but if you click "View Today's Posts," it will at least list all the posts in the last 24 hours.

Yes, thank you. I do use that too but does not take care of that 24hrs before I am occasionally wanting. :)

My ForumRunner app lets me specify the time interval for New Posts. Mine is set for 3 days.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
I will check into that. That sounds like exactly what I need. If I know I am going to be gone I let people know and then also choose to let it go while I am gone and just look over my subscribed forums. The problem is when life throws me unexpected curve balls. :) Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for asking! I just learned something new. You can use
http://amblesideonline.org/forum/search....ily&days=2
and change the number at the end to whatever number of days past you want to see.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
OH, thanks Phyllis. That is just what I needed. I can't do Forumrunner with my operating system. I looked into another app but it was not working for me. This will work great. Thanks so much.

(10-08-2013, 03:16 AM)Joy Wrote: OH, thanks Phyllis. That is just what I needed. I can't do Forumrunner with my operating system. I looked into another app but it was not working for me. This will work great. Thanks so much.

Joy, don't forget that the forum is set up for Tapatalk also (if you are using a device rather than a computer).
I tried tapatalk and at the time it was not working. I really am technically challenged. I need to try it again. However, I "can" use Phyllis's method. I don't need it often but when I do I would really like to be able to use it. Thanks so much.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  too many auto-subscribe posts to follow, how to unsubscribe MichelleDee 2 4,459 08-14-2023, 05:44 AM
Last Post: MichelleDee
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 16,400 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  In Search of Posts Sammie2 5 8,544 06-22-2023, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Sammie2
  Can no longer edit my old posts Rebecca G 20 26,710 06-18-2022, 09:28 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Quote Appearing in New Posts Sandy O 8 11,169 10-06-2021, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Sandy O
  I can't get used to the new "New Posts" icon Kelly Cumbee 15 21,980 09-11-2021, 04:54 AM
  Moderated Posts lesliegid 10 14,083 04-23-2021, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  I Can't See Average Number of Posts Per Day Maysaa 5 7,507 04-16-2021, 10:09 PM
  Reading posts in a given time frame HC... 2 4,338 11-09-2015, 04:16 AM
Last Post: HC...
  find moved posts Friederike 3 4,844 08-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Last Post: MelisaH