AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: can't post FS listings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trying for some time to post FS listings. I see that I can leave a post here apparently but when I click on "new thread" over there, a screen comes up telling me I am not allowed there. I would be grateful to know how to post all of these FS listings I have building up! Thank you very much.
Hi,

While you have been a member of the forum for a while, you have not posted very much. You have to have made a certain number of posts before you are allowed to post in the Buy/Sell forum. Once you are reached that number, you will have access to post there.
I believe it was about posts needed before you become a "regular member" and can post in all the forums. You just need to be more chatty![cheesy grin]
Apologies, because I know it's a little inconvenient, but the purpose isn't to punish people who haven't been chatty. We do like to encourage members who benefit from the curriculum to use forum participation as one way to 'give back,' but more importantly, we wanted to have one more line of defense between the forum and people who maybe aren't even interested in AO, but join only to sell their wares.
(10-09-2013, 12:41 PM)WendiC Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies, because I know it's a little inconvenient, but the purpose isn't to punish people who haven't been chatty. We do like to encourage members who benefit from the curriculum to use forum participation as one way to 'give back,' but more importantly, we wanted to have one more line of defense between the forum and people who maybe aren't even interested in AO, but join only to sell their wares.

OK, thank you. I came over when the forum first opened, promptly lost my password, took forever to make a new name and password and only am now finally getting around to being here. I guess I will start posting and then keep checking the buy/sell button until it finally lets me post.

Boy, with this mess up of yahoo you all must be feeling very prescient and proud of yourselves for having this forum set up already! Very impressive!
You'll know when your member status changes. Just keep an eye on that!