AmblesideOnline Forums
"favorite" thread bookmarks?? - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: "favorite" thread bookmarks?? (/showthread.php?tid=12826)

"favorite" thread bookmarks?? - jbg1131 - 07-12-2014

Ok, DH is getting irritated b/c I have so many tabs open right now;)
How do I make a favorites list or bookmark threads that I want to refer back to?
I saw the thread about clicking on the green arrow by the title of the thead to bring me to my last read post w/i the thread, but I'm not seeing a way to mark certain threads as my favorites so I can easily reference back.
THanks!
Jenny

RE: "favorite" thread bookmarks?? - COMama - 07-12-2014

I just subscribe to threads I want to keep track of. In your User Control Panel, there is a list of all the threads you are subscribed to.

RE: "favorite" thread bookmarks?? - LeslieNoelani - 07-12-2014

Keep a running Notepad file of thread titles and URL's you want to be able to read again?

RE: "favorite" thread bookmarks?? - lklivingston - 07-12-2014

Subscribing to the threads you like will keep a list. And if one of those threads has new posts, it will show up in your list of subscriptions. (Don't remember what it's called--I use an app and it's different.)

"favorite" thread bookmarks?? - laurke - 07-12-2014

What they said. And if it's not new posts you want but ones you've already read in a thread, you can use Evernote's browser extension to capture whatever you highlight and save it easily to your computer/device that way. Or copy and paste to a doc.

RE: "favorite" thread bookmarks?? - jbg1131 - 07-13-2014

Ok, subscriptions. Got it. I had been using that as a way to get email notifications for a thread I had posted on, but now I see in the CP where I can keep a record of it. I was hoping not to have a separate document that will inevitably get lost after a period of not using.

Laura, it's been several years since I've used Evernote. When I get a chance, I'll have to check that out as an option. As I'm reading threads, I want to refer back to resources and tips that people mention, but haven't figured out the most efficient way to do that.

thanks for the help!
Jenny

RE: "favorite" thread bookmarks?? - lklivingston - 07-13-2014

Do you see up at the top of the screen, where the menu is under Ambleside Online, where it says "Thread Subscriptions"? That keeps a list of every thread you've ever subscribed to, with the ones with the most recent posts at the top.

RE: "favorite" thread bookmarks?? - jbg1131 - 07-13-2014

(07-13-2014, 01:38 AM)lklivingston Wrote: Do you see up at the top of the screen, where the menu is under Ambleside Online, where it says "Thread Subscriptions"? That keeps a list of every thread you've ever subscribed to, with the ones with the most recent posts at the top.

I was looking in the CP, but this is even faster. Thx for the tip!