AmblesideOnline Forums
Science changes for year 8 and 3 - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Science changes for year 8 and 3 (/showthread.php?tid=19337)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Science changes for year 8 and 3 - Jeanne Webb - 06-11-2015

The AA is thrilled to announce that the new AO Science for both the Full and Lite Year 8 is up on the website today. We're excited, and we hope you will be too.

There is also an addition to year 3. A Drop of Water by Walter Wick is a short book, with some terrific experiments and demonstrations that are perfect for this stage. We recommend reading the book through and marvelling at the the exquisite closeup photographs, and then rereading each portion as scheduled and doing the activity.

Thanks to the Living Science group. Your help is invaluable. [Heart <3]

Enjoy!

RE: Science changes for year 8 and 3 - Dawn Duran - 06-11-2015

Yes, many thanks to AO, the AA, the Living Science Group and to YOU, Jeanne, for your untiring efforts to continually improve what one would think cannot be further improved upon. And thanks to Santa, too.  [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]

RE: Science changes for year 8 and 3 - HelenaBooks - 06-11-2015

Ds is very excited about the extra book in Y3. He was jumping up and down around the room. Thanks for all the hard work :)

RE: Science changes for year 8 and 3 - DaughterofEve - 06-11-2015

Oh. My. Word.

If you havent had a look at the new year 3 book, do so right now. It is utterly, completely, gorgeously enthralling.

*I* want this book for ME!! Quick...BookDepository here I come!!

RE: Science changes for year 8 and 3 - MamaSnow - 06-11-2015

Oooh goody...something new for Y3. I was debating doing Science Lab in the Supermarket for the second half of our year (in the fall), but this looks fabulous....

RE: Science changes for year 8 and 3 - KarenG - 06-11-2015

I just finished year 3, and I am getting the book anyway, for my science-loving daughter. (Being the 4th, she almost never gets a new book.)

RE: Science changes for year 8 and 3 - Lizzie Smith - 06-11-2015

I ordered myself a used copy right away: I was afraid this announcement would drive the price up. [cheesy grin]

RE: Science changes for year 8 and 3 - Christy Hissong - 06-12-2015

We LOVE A Drop of Water and read it when my ds was that age -- well done AO (as always)!

Science changes for year 8 and 3 - laurke - 06-12-2015

I'll be getting the ye 3 book, too, as we are barely in yr 4 and not using the Physics option :). Thank you!

RE: Science changes for year 8 and 3 - Amy Jo Hines - 06-12-2015

That's a good idea, Laura. I was thinking of doing it over the summer (term 3), but since it is scheduled in terms 1-2, and the note says to adjust for seasons, perhaps it is a fall/winter book? (No idea, I very briefly skimmed the chapter titles.)