AmblesideOnline Forums
Study Guide thread or forum? - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Study Guide thread or forum? (/showthread.php?tid=21826)

Study Guide thread or forum? - Kari Ellen - 09-29-2015

I've created a study guide for one of the HEO books.  What would be the best way to make it available to all?  I don't do dropbox, etc.  Is there a way to post it on the forum? One thought has been to create a thread for study guides within each form, rather like the Ourselves discussion threads that are in…the Teen forum, I think. Any thoughts?

RE: Study Guide thread or forum? - carpeaeternitatem - 09-29-2015

Would it make sense to put it in book discussion? I mean, if you think about it the book discussions threads are sort of like study guides.

RE: Study Guide thread or forum? - lklivingston - 09-29-2015

You have to post it somewhere off the forum. Sometimes people's internet provider gives them some web storage. Dropbox, Google Docs, etc. also work.

We aren't going to host files on the forum directly. That would require more system maintenance than we can do.

Study Guide thread or forum? - laurke - 09-30-2015

You could copy and paste not into the forum for the Form the book is used in, and maybe that could be linked to the sticky thread in that area. The study guides on the website aren't downloadable either, so it's basically the same, IMO.

RE: Study Guide thread or forum? - RiverBaggins - 09-30-2015

If you don't want to host it, maybe you can find someone else that would be willing to, too, with full credit to you, through their blog. Then it can be linked in the forums.

RE: Study Guide thread or forum? - Kari Ellen - 10-03-2015

(09-30-2015, 10:43 AM)laurke Wrote: You could copy and paste not into the forum for the Form the book is used in, and maybe that could be linked to the sticky thread in that area.  The study guides on the website aren't downloadable either, so it's basically the same, IMO.

Laura,
Did you mean "copy and paste into the forum for the Form the book is used in"?  That's rather what I was thinking about with my original post.  There is a "Y11 resources" thread up above the regular posts.  However, it seems to be more for links to maps, etc, and I didn't know if I was welcome to post this type of thing in there or not (it's quite long).

RE: Study Guide thread or forum? - teemeyer - 10-03-2015

I'd be happy to host study guides and give full credit to the creators! My software engineering husband just got overly ambitious and set us up with a site masonminds.com (he's actually paying for a pretty decent service too, so there's plenty of space). He said it'll be a little bit before it's up, but he's been waiting for an opportunity to use his tech expertise to help us homeschooling moms!

Tee Meyer
schooling, Y0 and Y2 boys :)

Study Guide thread or forum? - laurke - 10-03-2015

Yes, that's what I meant. Autocorrect got me there.

RE: Study Guide thread or forum? - lklivingston - 10-04-2015

Kari, if you make a new thread, we can paste a link into the Resources sticky.