Study Guide thread or forum?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Study Guide thread or forum?
I've created a study guide for one of the HEO books.  What would be the best way to make it available to all?  I don't do dropbox, etc.  Is there a way to post it on the forum? One thought has been to create a thread for study guides within each form, rather like the Ourselves discussion threads that are in…the Teen forum, I think. Any thoughts?
~Kari
Working my fourth and last time through Y10!  Mom to three AO Graduates, 2017, 2020 and 2022.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Study Guide thread or forum?
Would it make sense to put it in book discussion? I mean, if you think about it the book discussions threads are sort of like study guides.
- Mandie
Mom to Jack (16 - year 10), Sally (14 - year 9), Molly (11 - year 5), Gareth (9 - year 2), and Sunny (7- year 1)
Occasionally blogging at http://teachingdragonslayers.blogspot.com
You have to post it somewhere off the forum. Sometimes people's internet provider gives them some web storage. Dropbox, Google Docs, etc. also work.

We aren't going to host files on the forum directly. That would require more system maintenance than we can do.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • Kari Ellen, MelisaH
You could copy and paste not into the forum for the Form the book is used in, and maybe that could be linked to the sticky thread in that area. The study guides on the website aren't downloadable either, so it's basically the same, IMO.
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
The following 1 user Likes laurke's post:
  • lklivingston
If you don't want to host it, maybe you can find someone else that would be willing to, too, with full credit to you, through their blog. Then it can be linked in the forums.

The following 1 user Likes RiverBaggins's post:
  • lklivingston
(09-30-2015, 10:43 AM)laurke Wrote: You could copy and paste not into the forum for the Form the book is used in, and maybe that could be linked to the sticky thread in that area.  The study guides on the website aren't downloadable either, so it's basically the same, IMO.

Laura,
Did you mean "copy and paste into the forum for the Form the book is used in"?  That's rather what I was thinking about with my original post.  There is a "Y11 resources" thread up above the regular posts.  However, it seems to be more for links to maps, etc, and I didn't know if I was welcome to post this type of thing in there or not (it's quite long).
~Kari
Working my fourth and last time through Y10!  Mom to three AO Graduates, 2017, 2020 and 2022.
I'd be happy to host study guides and give full credit to the creators! My software engineering husband just got overly ambitious and set us up with a site masonminds.com (he's actually paying for a pretty decent service too, so there's plenty of space). He said it'll be a little bit before it's up, but he's been waiting for an opportunity to use his tech expertise to help us homeschooling moms!

Tee Meyer
schooling, Y0 and Y2 boys :)
The following 2 users Like teemeyer's post:
  • amccracken, Dawn Duran
Yes, that's what I meant. Autocorrect got me there.
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
Kari, if you make a new thread, we can paste a link into the Resources sticky.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resources for Using the Forum lklivingston 0 3,145 08-01-2023, 03:23 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 15,392 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  emails for forum subscriptions val_aggie 9 11,626 04-20-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Lani
Lightbulb Joining the Teen Forum Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,482 04-16-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: AKindlyFlabbit
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 5,289 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,476 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  Looking for the learning disability/dyslexia forum! elizabeth.rs 3 5,118 11-20-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: elizabeth.rs
  Forum app (Tapatalk) charmond 5 7,484 10-08-2022, 09:44 AM
  How do I make a post on the Resources Thread? laurens 10 13,858 08-12-2022, 10:41 PM
Last Post: audreygreer
  Year 8 link to Study Guide not working - FYI tkbbmom24 5 7,494 02-16-2022, 12:48 PM