AmblesideOnline Forums
Is Tapatalk making the forum public? - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Is Tapatalk making the forum public? (/showthread.php?tid=27642)

Pages: 1 2 3

Is Tapatalk making the forum public? - Kathy W. - 09-03-2016

Some weird things are happening on Tapatalk.

Suddenly I'm being followed. I know who boywrangler is, but now I have Gwiz9000take2 and natillaleza following me. I don't know who they are. Then someone posted a picture of Spock saying "Fascinating" to a post I wrote in the thread about the Norms and Nobility blogpost in Chit Chat. You can't see it in the forum, only on Tapatalk. What gives?

RE: Is Tapatalk making the forum public? - LeslieNoelani - 09-03-2016

Are you sure those aren't all forum members? I think I recognize one of the names.

RE: Is Tapatalk making the forum public? - lklivingston - 09-03-2016

Also, sometimes people have different Tapatalk names than their forum names, and now Tapatalk has that sort-of-external chat feature that is not really part of the forum and yet it is. I do wish they'd quite tweaking!

RE: Is Tapatalk making the forum public? - phoebebopeep - 09-03-2016

I recognize the second person as from the forum.

I also saw the Spock photo but haven't looked from a computer.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

RE: Is Tapatalk making the forum public? - Kathy W. - 09-03-2016

Okay, that makes me feel better. I was worried that I had suddenly opened the door to the forum by not paying attention to some setting or another. The second person has a picture with a child in it, so likely a forum member.

Is Tapatalk making the forum public? - laurke - 09-04-2016

Tapatalk catches images in a thread - the most recent pic, I think- and hooks it to the post preview. "Remembering everything I need to do in a day" thread has a collage of photos from one of its posts, the Spock pic shows up in the N&N thread. And yes, any of us can be followed, which means when you post they may get a notification of it, depending on their settings in tapatalk.

RE: Is Tapatalk making the forum public? - AnneWhite - 09-04-2016

(09-03-2016, 12:59 PM)Kathy W. Wrote: Some weird things are happening on Tapatalk.

Suddenly I'm being followed. I know who boywrangler is, but now I have Gwiz9000take2 and natillaleza following me. I don't know who they are. Then someone posted a picture of Spock saying "Fascinating" to a post I wrote in the thread about the Norms and Nobility blogpost in Chit Chat. You can't see it in the forum, only on Tapatalk. What gives?

I put Spock up, then deleted it a minute later because I thought it was too big.

RE: Is Tapatalk making the forum public? - AnneWhite - 09-04-2016

But I don't have anything to do with Tapatalk, so I don't really understand that.

RE: Is Tapatalk making the forum public? - Janice - 09-04-2016

I haven't used tapatalk in quite some time. Well over a year now. I only used t for a short time. But I recently received an email telling me that someone is following me on there as well. I wasn't sure what to think. Almost felt like spam.

Is Tapatalk making the forum public? - laurke - 09-04-2016

(09-04-2016, 05:00 AM)Janice Wrote: I haven't used tapatalk in quite some time. Well over a year now. I only used t for a short time. But I recently received an email telling me that someone is following me on there as well. I wasn't sure what to think. Almost felt like spam.

You have 12 followers :)