Is Tapatalk making the forum public?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Is Tapatalk making the forum public?
Some weird things are happening on Tapatalk.

Suddenly I'm being followed. I know who boywrangler is, but now I have Gwiz9000take2 and natillaleza following me. I don't know who they are. Then someone posted a picture of Spock saying "Fascinating" to a post I wrote in the thread about the Norms and Nobility blogpost in Chit Chat. You can't see it in the forum, only on Tapatalk. What gives?
Kathy W.~Northwest by North
"The teacher who allows his scholars the freedom of the city of books is at liberty to be their guide, philosopher and friend; and is no long the mere instrument of forcible intellectual feeding."
Vol. 6
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Is Tapatalk making the forum public?
Are you sure those aren't all forum members? I think I recognize one of the names.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Is Tapatalk making the forum public?
Also, sometimes people have different Tapatalk names than their forum names, and now Tapatalk has that sort-of-external chat feature that is not really part of the forum and yet it is. I do wish they'd quite tweaking!
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 4 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • AgentOfS.H.I.E.L.D., Kathy W., NorthLaurel, phoebebopeep
I recognize the second person as from the forum.

I also saw the Spock photo but haven't looked from a computer.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Mom to one DD, Y4
Louisiana, U.S.A.

“If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis

Okay, that makes me feel better. I was worried that I had suddenly opened the door to the forum by not paying attention to some setting or another. The second person has a picture with a child in it, so likely a forum member.
Kathy W.~Northwest by North
"The teacher who allows his scholars the freedom of the city of books is at liberty to be their guide, philosopher and friend; and is no long the mere instrument of forcible intellectual feeding."
Vol. 6
The following 1 user Likes Kathy W.'s post:
  • lklivingston
Tapatalk catches images in a thread - the most recent pic, I think- and hooks it to the post preview. "Remembering everything I need to do in a day" thread has a collage of photos from one of its posts, the Spock pic shows up in the N&N thread. And yes, any of us can be followed, which means when you post they may get a notification of it, depending on their settings in tapatalk.
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
(09-03-2016, 12:59 PM)Kathy W. Wrote: Some weird things are happening on Tapatalk.

Suddenly I'm being followed. I know who boywrangler is, but now I have Gwiz9000take2 and natillaleza following me. I don't know who they are. Then someone posted a picture of Spock saying "Fascinating" to a post I wrote in the thread about the Norms and Nobility blogpost in Chit Chat. You can't see it in the forum, only on Tapatalk. What gives?

I put Spock up, then deleted it a minute later because I thought it was too big.
Anne White, Southern Ontario
My book page at Amazon
The following 1 user Likes AnneWhite's post:
  • Kathy W.
But I don't have anything to do with Tapatalk, so I don't really understand that.
Anne White, Southern Ontario
My book page at Amazon
I haven't used tapatalk in quite some time. Well over a year now. I only used t for a short time. But I recently received an email telling me that someone is following me on there as well. I wasn't sure what to think. Almost felt like spam.
Mom of 5 boys and a baby girl 
2 AO graduates!  Currently working through years 9, 3 & 1.  
(09-04-2016, 05:00 AM)Janice Wrote: I haven't used tapatalk in quite some time. Well over a year now. I only used t for a short time. But I recently received an email telling me that someone is following me on there as well. I wasn't sure what to think. Almost felt like spam.

You have 12 followers :)
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resources for Using the Forum lklivingston 0 3,011 08-01-2023, 03:23 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  How to see all posts on entire forum by date HannahA 11 14,558 07-17-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: HannahA
  emails for forum subscriptions val_aggie 9 10,998 04-20-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Lani
Lightbulb Joining the Teen Forum Eowyn Bolivette 1 3,316 04-16-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: AKindlyFlabbit
  Forum access for teen etihwnyrhtak 3 4,994 01-16-2023, 11:08 AM
  Can't Access Teen Section of the Forum Maysaa 6 8,001 01-02-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Maysaa
  Looking for the learning disability/dyslexia forum! elizabeth.rs 3 4,833 11-20-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: elizabeth.rs
  Forum app (Tapatalk) charmond 5 7,068 10-08-2022, 09:44 AM
  My teen joined the teen forum... what's next? alec 4 6,020 01-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: alec
  Problems after forum update Sept 2020 Phyllis 41 48,081 08-31-2021, 01:16 PM