AmblesideOnline Forums
Issues with "New Members Email" emails - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Issues with "New Members Email" emails (/showthread.php?tid=30525)

Issues with "New Members Email" emails - SimmerMom - 04-11-2017

[Image: abe8b40bfec90f8a76a1d2a70cdc2fa1.jpg]

Any ideas why I get this message when I try to open these emails I'm getting? This grey popup covers the body of the email so I can't read it and it says I'm logged in under a username that isn't mine and that I'm not logged in with here on Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Issues with "New Members Email" emails - SimmerMom - 04-11-2017

[Image: 2d838434e1e07d1e0993c5c2a43458c4.jpg]

RE: Issues with "New Members Email" emails - Phyllis - 04-11-2017

Are you the same person who asked about this on Facebook? I'm glad you're asking here, too, or that someone is asking. Tapatalk baffles me. Hopefully someone else will know what to do. All I could think of was to log out of both the forum and Tapatalk, and then to try logging in again.

RE: Issues with "New Members Email" emails - lklivingston - 04-11-2017

Yes, I am wondering if you are logged in to Tapatalk in a different account that isn't associated with your forum account. There is one log in for Tapatalk and one for the forum. You can connect them within Tapatalk.

You don't have to get these emails from Tapatalk. You could get them from the forum directly and then shut these off, if you can't resolve the Tapatalk conflict.

Issues with "New Members Email" emails - SimmerMom - 04-12-2017

(04-11-2017, 05:14 PM)Phyllis Wrote: Are you the same person who asked about this on Facebook? I'm glad you're asking here, too, or that someone is asking. Tapatalk baffles me. Hopefully someone else will know what to do. All I could think of was to log out of both the forum and Tapatalk, and then to try logging in again.

I am the same one haha Relogging in didn't help and I found this heading so I thought I'd try here!

Issues with "New Members Email" emails - SimmerMom - 04-12-2017

(04-11-2017, 11:52 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Yes, I am wondering if you are logged in to Tapatalk in a different account that isn't associated with your forum account. There is one log in for Tapatalk and one for the forum. You can connect them within Tapatalk.

You don't have to get these emails from Tapatalk. You could get them from the forum directly and then shut these off, if you can't resolve the Tapatalk conflict.

Nope- I'm logged in to Tapatalk as me. I don't know who mom2lots is but it's definitely not me.
How do I get emails from the forum?

Issues with "New Members Email" emails - laurke - 04-12-2017

You can edit notifications from your UserCP. I would try from a computer, if possible.

RE: Issues with "New Members Email" emails - Barb Gifford - 04-12-2017

There might be a wierd glitch. I was on my phone earlier today and someone else's profile pic showed up with my name on my post. A refresh within the app fixed it.

I have seen that message in my feed but didn't try to read the post. I think it was the new posts feed. I'm not seeing it now. I did reboot my phone a couple times because it was being wierd and I completely shut down all apps before I do that so one of those things may have cleared something too. The rebooting was before the mixed profile pics this morning.

Issues with "New Members Email" emails - SimmerMom - 04-14-2017

(04-12-2017, 01:34 AM)Barb Gifford Wrote: There might be a wierd glitch. I was on my phone earlier today and someone else's profile pic showed up with my name on my post. A refresh within the app fixed it.

I have been getting this email since the beginning, though; I've never once been able to read these emails so I'm not even sure what they're about. Shutting down my phone etc etc has made no difference.

RE: Issues with "New Members Email" emails - lklivingston - 04-14-2017

These emails are from Tapatalk. Poke around in your Tapatalk settings to find where they are coming from. You should be able to stop them.