AmblesideOnline Forums
Stephanie locked out - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Stephanie locked out (/showthread.php?tid=315)

Pages: 1 2

Stephanie locked out - lklivingston - 07-25-2012

christo et doctrinae is locked out of the forum. She isn't able to log in--it told her that her password/username were wrong. She got a new password but it isn't working either, and now she has one more chance before her logon is locked.

RE: Stephanie locked out - Christo et Doctrinae - 07-25-2012

(07-25-2012, 02:11 AM)lklivingston Wrote: christo et doctrinae is locked out of the forum. She isn't able to log in--it told her that her password/username were wrong. She got a new password but it isn't working either, and now she has one more chance before her logon is locked.

I'm in, I'm in! Thanks so much. Now I must get to work! ;)

RE: Stephanie locked out - LeslieNoelani - 07-25-2012

What was the problem? Were you making a mistake typing the password? Is there anything we need to do to prevent this from happening again, or happening to someone else?

RE: Stephanie locked out - Phyllis - 07-25-2012

That's what I want to know!

RE: Stephanie locked out - Christo et Doctrinae - 07-25-2012

(07-25-2012, 03:49 AM)Phyllis Wrote: That's what I want to know!

Sorry... I was called away and had to leave the house right after I got logged in. Back now.

Honestly, I have no clue what happened. I entered what I thought was my password and user name. When I requested the info, after three or four failed attempts, it gave me my username (which I had entered correctly), but it sent me a new password. When I tried to get in with that, it still didn't want to let me. Once Kathy alerted someone, I received another new password from someone, and that one worked. I went back into my cp and changed my password to what I wanted. I'll let you know if there are any issues again. I've not had any log-in issues with my email or one other board, so who knows.

RE: Stephanie locked out - MelisaH - 07-26-2012

I have had this happen on occasion, but I assumed it was me, not the forum (clumsy fingers in my case). BUT, I did have it happen yesterday morning as well. Odd. A hiccup in the system perhaps? I do know that it won't "remember" our passwords, only our logins (even thought I have told the computer to do otherwise for this computer).

RE: Stephanie locked out - Mommy Dixon - 07-26-2012

MelisaH Wrote:I have had this happen on occasion, but I assumed it was me, not the forum (clumsy fingers in my case). BUT, I did have it happen yesterday morning as well. Odd. A hiccup in the system perhaps? I do know that it won't "remember" our passwords, only our logins (even thought I have told the computer to do otherwise for this computer).

When I log in on Safari, the login password field ALWAYS has a remembered password even though I never tell it to remember my password. AND the password is always wrong. I can tell it's wrong b/c it is not the same number of characters. I don't care it does that. Just as you say, Odd.

RE: Stephanie locked out - Phyllis - 07-26-2012

Chrome remembers my password.

RE: Stephanie locked out - Mommy Dixon - 07-26-2012

So do you think it is a browser issue?

Can't use chrome on iPad.

RE: Stephanie locked out - Phyllis - 07-26-2012

Probably more likely browser than forum, but I really don't know.