Stephanie locked out
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Stephanie locked out
christo et doctrinae is locked out of the forum. She isn't able to log in--it told her that her password/username were wrong. She got a new password but it isn't working either, and now she has one more chance before her logon is locked.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Stephanie locked out
(07-25-2012, 02:11 AM)lklivingston Wrote: christo et doctrinae is locked out of the forum. She isn't able to log in--it told her that her password/username were wrong. She got a new password but it isn't working either, and now she has one more chance before her logon is locked.

I'm in, I'm in! Thanks so much. Now I must get to work! ;)
Stephanie  [Heart <3] DS 18
Charlotte Mason Devotees, Since 2004

What was the problem? Were you making a mistake typing the password? Is there anything we need to do to prevent this from happening again, or happening to someone else?
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
That's what I want to know!
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
(07-25-2012, 03:49 AM)Phyllis Wrote: That's what I want to know!

Sorry... I was called away and had to leave the house right after I got logged in. Back now.

Honestly, I have no clue what happened. I entered what I thought was my password and user name. When I requested the info, after three or four failed attempts, it gave me my username (which I had entered correctly), but it sent me a new password. When I tried to get in with that, it still didn't want to let me. Once Kathy alerted someone, I received another new password from someone, and that one worked. I went back into my cp and changed my password to what I wanted. I'll let you know if there are any issues again. I've not had any log-in issues with my email or one other board, so who knows.
Stephanie  [Heart <3] DS 18
Charlotte Mason Devotees, Since 2004

I have had this happen on occasion, but I assumed it was me, not the forum (clumsy fingers in my case). BUT, I did have it happen yesterday morning as well. Odd. A hiccup in the system perhaps? I do know that it won't "remember" our passwords, only our logins (even thought I have told the computer to do otherwise for this computer).
MelisaH Wrote:I have had this happen on occasion, but I assumed it was me, not the forum (clumsy fingers in my case). BUT, I did have it happen yesterday morning as well. Odd. A hiccup in the system perhaps? I do know that it won't "remember" our passwords, only our logins (even thought I have told the computer to do otherwise for this computer).

When I log in on Safari, the login password field ALWAYS has a remembered password even though I never tell it to remember my password. AND the password is always wrong. I can tell it's wrong b/c it is not the same number of characters. I don't care it does that. Just as you say, Odd.
Laurie
"But we are not a faint-hearted body; we mean, and we mean intensely; and to those who purpose the best, and endeavour after the best, the best arrives." ~ Vol.3, p148
Chrome remembers my password.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
So do you think it is a browser issue?

Can't use chrome on iPad.
Laurie
"But we are not a faint-hearted body; we mean, and we mean intensely; and to those who purpose the best, and endeavour after the best, the best arrives." ~ Vol.3, p148
Probably more likely browser than forum, but I really don't know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Locked out of Project Gutenberg Wndwmn 1 2,587 03-03-2018, 10:38 AM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani